Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Desitin is making my daughters rash worse...

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:27 PM
  • 18 Replies

It just donned on me that the diaper creme (desitin) is causing my daughters diaper rash worse.  She barely had a red bottom and I used a little creme and when i changed her wet diaper it was a lot worse!  I cleaned her tush and added a little bit and when i changed he wet diaper again it was way way worse.  She hasn't had a change in diet or anything acidic to eat.  Well its been almost 14 hours of not using the creme and switching to baby powder and its 20x better.  And now that i look back shes always had this reaction to the creme.

Do your children get a worse rash with desitin?

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bren07
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:29 PM

nope. my kids always got better with it..she could b allergic to it..

robinalbright
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:30 PM
both my kids are allergic to it, i use a&d.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
robinalbright
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:30 PM
both my kids are allergic to it, i use a&d.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mousesmommy81
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:31 PM

I RARELY use desitin on my girls. I usually use bag balm if they get a red bum and by the next diaper change it's better.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

wife.machado
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:33 PM

I felt so bad once I figured it out.  It made her rash go from slightly pink to red/purplish bumps. She didnt even want to sit down, every time she did she would get up and run crying....my sad little girl.  Thank God I figured it out and the baby powder is fixing it right up.

lfrrll5
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:34 PM
We had to switch to A&D like others said we found out my son was allergic to the base product zinc oxide so we use a&d without the zinc but be careful because they make one with and one without
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maddape48854
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:35 PM

Quoting wife.machado:

I felt so bad once I figured it out.  It made her rash go from slightly pink to red/purplish bumps. She didnt even want to sit down, every time she did she would get up and run crying....my sad little girl.  Thank God I figured it out and the baby powder is fixing it right up.

Poor thing! Glad that you figured it out! I like to use straight corn starch. Hope she feels better asap.

shajdinyak
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:36 PM
Don't like desitin. Use buttpaste or aquaphor and malicious for severe diaper rash. If u know anyone is Canada penaten is so good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kdpeterson
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:36 PM

My son had a reaction to that's why we use balmax now.

wife.machado
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 3:40 PM

thank you guys so much.  I will def try other products you guys listed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)