Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone else have Polyhydramnois...too much amniotic fluid surrounding baby..what was your experience?

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:01 PM
  • 10 Replies

I found out on monday that I have polyhydramnois. I have double the amount of amniotic fluid surrounding the baby. I am 38 weeks tomorrow, and I am soooo uncomfortable. I was told to be extra careful due to the risks associated with the diagnosis...ex: placental abruption, cord prolapse, excess bleeding during delivery and still birth. I am freaked out, and just want Brennan out and here with me. I also have Pre-e, but my doctor is insistant on getting me to 39 weeks...but wont deliver me until the 20th, in which I will be 39.3 days b/c she isnt on call friday thru sunday. I am alittle pissed that she puts her off time ahead of me and my baby's health. Has anyone else experienced polyhydramnois? What was the outcome, and is there little to no concern at this point since I made it this far, or should I push for an earlier delivery? Please let me know your story or if you know someone who had it also good or bad outcome...I need to have some kind of information. The internet just scared the bejesus out of me...I know I only have 10 days or less, and I have a stress test and u/s on the 13th, and did more blood work today and a 24 hr urine again today and if any of that is off or not great, I m set for delivery asap. thanks ladies!!

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abra
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:28 PM

I haven't but here is a bump, I hope you get some good advice. ((hugs))

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:31 PM

I have not.  But, here is a bump for you.  I hope a momma is able to help you out.  hugs hun

MommyToBeOfTwo
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:43 PM
I had triple the amt of fluid with ds2 and double with ds1.I had 2 inductions and 2 healthy boys.Don't worry too much.As long as ur being watched at ur weekly appts all will be fine.it is scary though.Gl mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
una1
by Bronze Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 8:02 PM

I was just told i have this today and am freaking out. I had to have steroid shots and go back in morning for another.

deltone4boys
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:09 PM
thanks every1! I have another appt to check fluid and if it goes up anymore she will induce...but the u/s tech said im in trouble if my water breaks on it own ...so im freaking out and will continue to do so until hes here! gl everyone i hope we all have safe uneventful pregnancies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deltone4boys
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:09 PM
thanks every1! I have another appt to check fluid and if it goes up anymore she will induce...but the u/s tech said im in trouble if my water breaks on it own ...so im freaking out and will continue to do so until hes here! gl everyone i hope we all have safe uneventful pregnancies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amy31308
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:56 PM
i know a girl who was induced at 35ish weeks and baby was in nicu. both were okay and she brought the baby home. When her son was almost a month he died at Target. Turns out he had pneumonia and it devopoed FAST. She has him to the drs the day before and he was healthy. Now him dying isnt a result of that they were both ok from too much fluid. It was a very very sad sitution! GOod luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
my2munchkns
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:23 PM
Yep I have had that with all 3 of my kids and most likely will with this one also. But everything turned out good :0)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
housefullofkidz
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:24 PM

good luck hun. Here is a bump for you.

MelaniesMama
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:48 PM

I had this with my first.  but not quite so severe.  I DID have excess fluid but my Dr told me it wasnt a big deal..........My DD was born 4 weeks early & nothing wrong with her that had anything to do with excess fluid.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)