Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My boss is gonna be pissed

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:33 PM
  • 15 Replies
I had my 34 week appointment today. My blood pressure was really high. 160/84. Its usually around 118 on the top number. Can't remember the bottom right now.

They also had to do stress tests and pre term labor tests. I have been getting really nasty headaches that they think are related to blood pressure. They are saying now its possible preeclampsia and I may have to stop working until I deliver. They told me they don't feel comfortable with me working tomorrow since the job entails lifting heavy stuff and its a high stress environment. So the doctor is writing a note.

My boss is gonna be pissed. And I can't say I feel bad. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Casi001
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:36 PM

you get a personal mom day have fun... and a day to relax

abra
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:38 PM

((hugs))

Sonylena
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:38 PM
I was put on beseech when mine did that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Javi05Eli07
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:54 PM

Did they do a protein dip?  With blood pressure that high I am surprised they didn't admit you overnight for observations.

jrose1485
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:57 PM

Enjoy your early departure from work!

Jess0915
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 5:58 PM

I hope all is well. . . baby and you come first. :)

ColieO
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:02 PM
They did one. There was some protein but not a high level. I'm doing a 24 hour urine test to keep checking those levels to see where they end up. They kept me for two hours and my blood pressure did get down to about 130/68. Still a little high for me, but not as bad. I have to check the pressures twice a day for a while.

Quoting Javi05Eli07:

Did they do a protein dip?  With blood pressure that high I am surprised they didn't admit you overnight for observations.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:03 PM

Enjoy joy your day not working.  I hope all your tests come back okay.

ColieO
by Gold Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:04 PM
Oh and they almost did send me to the hospital for overnigfht observation but since they got down they decided to send me home. If they do get high again, I'm to go straight to labor and delivery.

Quoting ColieO:

They did one. There was some protein but not a high level. I'm doing a 24 hour urine test to keep checking those levels to see where they end up. They kept me for two hours and my blood pressure did get down to about 130/68. Still a little high for me, but not as bad. I have to check the pressures twice a day for a while.

Quoting Javi05Eli07:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
housefullofkidz
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:49 PM

Quoting Casi001:

you get a personal mom day have fun... and a day to relax

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)