Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Contraction Q?? PIOG

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:53 PM
  • 7 Replies

When you are in 'real' labor and you time contractions, do they come at exact times?I kno they get closer and longer over time thru the day... what I cant remember is if the timing of 16, 17, 16, 15 and so on would be real or not. Im confused on that part. Ive been havong contractions all day and they have been around about 20 min apart until around 4. since then, it has been...

4:03, 4:23, 4:44, 5:11, 5:28, 5:44, 6:00, 6:17.... Im wondering if that seems like real ones or just random still? I know they are far enough apart not to worry a whole lot...

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Brina_88
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:56 PM
Bump
abra
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:58 PM

I've never had a chance to time mine during active labor, but I think they get progressively closer together starting at 7-10 minutes apart, and then goes to 5-7, etc.

trackstarchanel
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 6:58 PM

I am worried about the same thing. MY docotr told me that they need to be about 5 minutes apart before I go to the hospital. I am due in three days and I have had contractions from about 37 weeks that started at 5 to 7 mintues apart then today 3 to four minutes apart, but then they just stopped. It is really frustrating! lol I hope this helps!

doulala
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:31 PM

I wouldn't time these.     When they are 2-3 an hour then it's practice or warming up.    Might turn into labor, might not...      But you can start timing them when they're closer, maybe when you notice about 6-10/hour.

doulala
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:32 PM

Quoting trackstarchanel:

I am worried about the same thing. MY docotr told me that they need to be about 5 minutes apart before I go to the hospital. I am due in three days and I have had contractions from about 37 weeks that started at 5 to 7 mintues apart then today 3 to four minutes apart, but then they just stopped. It is really frustrating! lol I hope this helps!

You might consider optimal fetal positioning.     Have you tried any exercises?

dodeem
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:42 PM

My contractions have been about every thirty minutes since 24 weeks when I first went into PTL. They have been very predictable. Thats why the ones today have thrown me off. They are hurting more than I am use to as well.... I usually dont time them at all any more because I am use to them. But today with them hurting, I started watching and got these times. I know these are nothing as far as active labor, but I am just curious if these seem more real than the ones I have been having for the last couple of months.....?

Quoting doulala:

I wouldn't time these.     When they are 2-3 an hour then it's practice or warming up.    Might turn into labor, might not...      But you can start timing them when they're closer, maybe when you notice about 6-10/hour.

doulala
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:45 PM

If you feel they are different then they probably are.   It doesn't necessarily mean you are in labor or will be this month or next, but it's possible.  

Quoting dodeem:

My contractions have been about every thirty minutes since 24 weeks when I first went into PTL. They have been very predictable. Thats why the ones today have thrown me off. They are hurting more than I am use to as well.... I usually dont time them at all any more because I am use to them. But today with them hurting, I started watching and got these times. I know these are nothing as far as active labor, but I am just curious if these seem more real than the ones I have been having for the last couple of months.....?

Quoting doulala:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)