Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How Many Pounds?

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:01 PM
  • 15 Replies

This whole pregnancy weight gain has really gotten me to thinking. How much weight did you gain in your previous pregnancies, and how much did you lose immediately after giving birth? I'm 33weeks pregnant tomorrow, and have gained 40lbs already. I was underweight before I got pregnant, so I was told to gain 40lbs total. Obviously, I won't be able to stop at 40lbs, but I really don't want to exceed it by much. I wonder how much I will lose after delivery alone :/

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abra
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:03 PM

I gained 40 with my first. and 10lbs each with my other two. I generally loose 15-20lbs immediately after giving birth.

dressy3
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:04 PM

With my first I gained 38lbs I dont remember how much I lost right afterward

with 2nd I gained 29lbs. she was 7lbs 1oz but I only lost 3 right after.

tiffs2009
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:08 PM

With my first I was underweight and I gained 50 lbs. I lost 30 of it but the time she was 1 week ols but never lost more :( I'm on #3 and started weighing more than full term with #1 :(

chais_wifey
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:10 PM
I gained almost 30 lbs this pregnancy and after giving birth I lost 10. So 20 to go! I'm only 3 days pp btw.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sonogirl
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:13 PM

I gained 19lbs with my first and it was gone in about a month. This time Im at 26 weeks and have gained 15 already. 

saralouise
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:13 PM

I gained 47 with my 3 boys and went home about 25 lbs lighter from the hospital and it took me about 3weeks to lose the rest.

this one, i still have 17 weeks to go and I'm only a few lbs away from what I maxed out with the boys so this pregnancy is gonna be harder for me to snap back lol

momissa
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 7:25 PM

I was overweight before each pregnancy. With my first I was exactly the same the day I found out as I was the day I delivered. So after having her Im sure I was about 10lbs lighter.

Im 29weeks along now and 10lbs lighter than I was when I found out I was pregnant. I think I just take care of myself a lot more when I know there is a baby depending on me for their health. Although I should really work harder on it when Im not pregnant because they depend on my example and energy level as well.

I did start working out more and ran a 5k right before I found out I was preggo:) I am swimming now and plan on teaming up with 2 other people to do a triathalon in May a month and a half after I have my little boy.

I think that you will probably lose the weight quickly, my sister is tiny and she lost all the weight pretty quickly. Don't worry too much:)

CjEmmemommy
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:55 PM

I gained 25 with both my other kids and it was all gone by my PP check up at 6 weeks. Not sure how much was lost when I left the hospital, I want to say 10-15 by the time I go home and the rest just fell off over the following weeks.

I really think breastfeeding helped both burn calories and get my uterus back to its normal size faster so I looked back to "normal" quicker.

This time around I am 36 weeks and as of Monday have gained 21 pounds. My gaining has slowed but I am sure I will still put on a few more pounds before baby comes:-)

Erica

bchic24
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:57 PM

I gained 40 lbs. I was 125 when I got pregnant and by the end I weighed 165. Now five weeks later I weigh 142. So I'm halfway there!!

C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Dec. 10, 2010 at 12:25 AM

Gained 57lbs. Lost 34 within a week. The rest came off in another 2 months. I have no idea how much I lost after birth since I didnt weigh myself until a week later

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)