Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

bad migranes

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:02 PM
  • 9 Replies

Im about 17 weeks and for about the past week ive had HORRIBLE migranes but only at night. I drink lots of water throughout the day and most of the time that's all I drink. I eat healthy and everything I dont get it. I don't see ob for 2 more weeks any advice?

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Kristin_Allen
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:31 PM

Check your blood pressure at the pharmacy. Anything over 120/80 is high.

Also: Call your doctor. Even if you do not see him for a while, he may want you to come in early just to be safe.

iluvzion
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 9:51 PM
Call your doctor ...I have the same thing they are sending me to the neurologist...good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
housefullofkidz
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:24 PM

BUMP!

BiPolarMomto3
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:26 PM

The  change in hormones can cause migraines.. I have them either way.... I know what you mean.. THe only thing you can really do is just take tylenol... :(

Mama2.AN.LP.ZJF
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 12:03 AM

Most neurologists won't see pregnant women, because they can't do anything with them.. Just a warning. They might just look you over and say "there's nothing we can do".

OP: I was hospitalized at 37 wks for a morphine drip because there was NOTHING they gave me that broke my migraines.. I had two really bad ones that lasted 2+ wks each. My last one finally broke at 39w5d (I got it before 36wks), I went into labor at 39w6d.. It was like my body was finally waiting for that relief to let me have him :) Try caffiene. Drink a cup of coffee or a soda.

Quoting iluvzion:

Call your doctor ...I have the same thing they are sending me to the neurologist...good luck

My decisions in my life are exactly that- my own. You don't have to agree with what I do, just respect my decisions. I have 3 amazing children, two daughters: Aakailya (6.6.04) and Lilliana (8.29.07), and a son: Zailan (aka Joey; 10.24.10).

angelina71190
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2010 at 8:42 AM

Thank you ladies I try not to take Tyanol I'm wierd like that but I've had to because they are so bad. Ahhh I called ob this morning and she wants me to come in this week so lets hope she can do something for me this sucks!

bad

DessC
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 8:45 AM

I was having this problem too and my OB said this is very common because of hormone surges and it should stop around 20 weeks. You can try taking motrin as it is ok to take in the 2nd trimester. Good Luck mama. I am almost 21 weeks and my headaches disappeared within the last week or so.

beans13
by Bronze Member on Dec. 10, 2010 at 8:49 AM
I have suffered from migraines since 9 yes old.

When I was pregnant I only had them from around 16-24 weeks. My dr said this is quite normal.

It was very hard though because I couldn't take my prescription.

Try ice packs and tylenol. I know it's not much but unfortunately there aren't a lot of options.

Massage may help too?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
C8Baxter
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 8:49 AM
I know the feeling! So sorry you're dealing with them too. I haven't found a good solution either! I hope they cease soon for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)