Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

husbands work holiday party

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:44 PM
  • 8 Replies
Every year they tell us to order whatever we like. We generally go to nice casual restaurants. Its for couples only not the kids. They usually order several appitizers for us and then tell us to order whatever we like. I generally keep my meal around 10$ every year then order cheesecake for dessert. My dilemma is this year we are going top an extremely nice steak house. The dinners range 17$+ but I still want my dessert. They never give us a spending limit and in previous years many order more expensive entrees then myself plus dessert plus alcoholic beverages. But I always see that as pushing the companies kindness although they've never said anything. They also pay for enough dirty santa gifts so each couple takes home two and then give 1,000$ christmas bonuses. I feel they treat us pretty good. With all of that being said should I order a dinner and my usual dessert too this year or cut back since they are taking us somewhere more pricey?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
housefullofkidz
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:51 PM

Pick out what sounds good hun ;-)

thekix
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:53 PM

Order steak for you and cheesecake for the baby.   I'm sure from past years they know the typeof person you are - a great, considerate one - I don't think they will think any different if you splurge a little this time.

ashleywagoner
by Silver Member on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:55 PM
I say go for it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xbabygirlz
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 10:58 PM

I say eat what you want, It's nice that you are so considerate BUT they know what there doing when they choose where your getting dinner

CjEmmemommy
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:00 PM

I think getting both will be fine. The company is expecting people to drink which you will be saving them on:-) and if they didn't want to pay for the more expensive dinner they would have picked a more casual place to send you all..

I really think its fine to order both a meal and dessert. You really will be saving them a lot if you consider your not drinking:-)

Erica

KrystalY
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:02 PM

They want you to have a good time, so have a good time and order what you want.  They wouldn't take you there if the entrees were too high. 

cadlecr4
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:04 PM

If they wanted each person or couple to stay at a limit then they would have said so.  I say order whatever your in the mood for. Its not like they do this all the time. 

shedswife
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:48 PM
Okay ladies, thanks for the advice :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)