Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We're done!

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:25 PM
  • 10 Replies

For those of you who are done having babies.... when and how did you know it was your limit?

This is kind of a flustrated vent...

I ask because dh isn't ready to stop. I always wanted 5 or more children but right now I think two might be enough. I do want to adopt later on but we keep going back and forth on having one more or stopping... (and of course adopting latter down the road).

I don't want to regret getting "fixed" lol. We do natural family planning so IUDs aren't an option.

(Birth control has too many side effects for me.) If you have to ask does that mean your not ready to call it quits?

I'll stop rambling now....

PhotobucketMother to a 2year old little boy and soon to be mother of two in May. Happily married to my best friend since 2006. My husband is a military veteran. I love animals and use non-cruelty products. We use cloth diapers, g-diapers and seventh generation disposables. . I choose and delay vaccines due to a family member that has mental retardation from the DTAP. I love CafeMom: Join us in the Pregnancy Group!

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Dec. 10, 2010 at 9:29 AM

Here is a bump for you.

Styna_1
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 9:30 AM

BUMP!

mom2the.rescue
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 9:32 AM

With our last (our 3rd baby/1st girl), I thought maybe we should be done.  But everytime I thought that, I'd cry & fret.  So I decided we weren't done.  I once read: You may regret never having any more children, but you'll never regret the children you've had...so we're pregnant again!  I wanted to 'feel' done before we made any decisions.  For the most part, I do feel we're done, and we are, but it does still make me sad that we're saying bye to this stage in our lives.  I don't know if every mom ever gets that feeling that yup, we're done for sure...

proudmomma32
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 9:37 AM
For us...we went back and forth too...we have 6 boys ages 15 to 5 and we are expecting baby #7 in Feb 2011...and I feel complete with this one...we don't want anymore. But I say if you have any doubt...don't do anything permanent!! Good luck in your decision :)
Sonylena
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 9:37 AM

I think if you have to ask you aren't done. This is our second and I don't know yet if we are done. I'm going to do the 5 year IUD thing and then see how I feel between now and the end of those 5 years. But you said that wasout for you so I'm not sure what another option for you would be.

mysticangelgurl
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 9:39 AM

Well for me it was really easy.  I come from a good size family around me (only me in my sister in the direct) and I always knew I only wanted 2.  Hubby started off not wanting any...then he wanted one and I got my beautiful little girl.  He was happy with one but the girls outranked him so we started talking about another (and the last).  I was in the process of losing some weight so that we could start trying.  I have a thyroid issue and had gone to the doc about my meds....she said my meds were off so she up'd them and in less than a month we were pregnant lol.  So it is happening a lot sooner than we wanted but there was never any doubt of how many we were going to have.

I honestly think it is a hard decision to make.  If you are not concerete on if you want another before you start to adopt...then don't get fixed.  I think it is something you and DH need to really sit down and decide.  I know that isn't really much help but if it were me and even the tiniest thought was there of having another...I don't think I would go through with any procedures that would hurt that.

haleyleedy
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 9:39 AM
My dh wants to stop i dont but he is getting fixed. He never wanted anymore kids and had 2 with me (has a 9 year old dd).he is 38 and says he does not wanna be 90 when he has grandkids. So why it suckss i understand.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
danielle9705
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 9:42 AM
i just had my second child on 11-15-10 and dh says we are done, he doesnt want anymore. im not so sure that i am done....so i have convinced him not to get fixed just yet. but i think if u are second guessing yourself then u shouldnt do anything permanent. good luck!
angelluvgoddess
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 9:51 AM

I/We didnt decide if we was done or not mother nature did I had an emergency hysterectomy after DS was born 11 mos ago but if that wouldnt have happened we would have wanted a cpl more

BlkWingedAngel
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 10:02 AM
We are not at the point where we have to decide that just yet but it will be coming for us soon. I want two more but my fiance wants only one more. Right now our son is only going to be 9 months so we have a little while to decide on when to have our next one. I know we are not doing anything permanent until we know for sure we are done. As far as actually knowing when your done I don't know when or if everyone gets that feeling. Good luck momma!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)