Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thinking real serious about trying some things.

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:38 PM
  • 7 Replies
I have been thinking real serious about doing some home remedies to help kick my labor in to gear. Im almost 37 weeks now. Im getting where im almost in tears when i walk because of one spot. Its been hurting for a month or so now and dr just tells me theres nothing that can be done about it. I know going on rough roads and going on a ride on a motorcycle are some things to try. What else is there that is safe and can be effective?? I know the baby is ready to come out since he has been pushing down on my cervic from time to time. Which by the way hurts pretty bad. I have plans to ask my dr to get induced at my next appointment on tuesday. But if he doesn then i do believe i am going to start trying some things to help kick labor in to gear.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
NoR_CaL_MoMmY
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 12:37 AM
I would wait until 38 weeks. That's when their lungs become fully developed. Right now you are only 36 weeks, that's a month early. Baby will come when he/she is ready. Hang in there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shellie830
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 12:39 AM

Is this pain in your pelvic bone?

JuliaMae87
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 12:39 AM

If the baby is ready to come out, you'd be in labor... I'd wait to induce if thats the road you want to take.

shackelford8610
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 12:44 AM

Start drinking ORGANIC red raspberry leaf tea... It softens your cervix, and dialates you! I have done this with both my pregnancies and each time I drink it ( I drink like 4-5 cups in one night) and I clean at teh same time.... I ALWAYS go into labor! My mother has had 6 kids and she does this as well... My mom also tried the "black cohosh"   read the directions when you get it, because you have to put 30 drops under your tongue and it starts contractions    GOOD LUCK! :-D

doulala
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 1:14 AM

Pushing on your cervix isn't an induction of readiness for birth.

You said you wanted to know about safe--  so be aware that baby will tell you when it's safe.  

But until then, what is bothering you?   Normal stuff that we all go through or other complications?   There might be some help to get through that~

housefullofkidz
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 1:15 AM

Have you tried taking EPO?

doulala
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 1:15 AM

Quoting NoR_CaL_MoMmY:

I would wait until 38 weeks. That's when their lungs become fully developed. Right now you are only 36 weeks, that's a month early. Baby will come when he/she is ready. Hang in there.

Sometimes.  
And sometimes a baby isn't ready until the due date or so~

If we want the safest route we must avoid unnecessary risks (unnecessary interventions).

Birth is a process that probably lasts about a month or more, when
you think of how the baby works his/her way into position, mom's body
prepares with the uterus thickening at the top and thinning at the
bottom and the cervix prepares itself to dilate for the final pushes in
this process. It is such an amazing, divine plan and in this day and age
so easily disturbed—possibly as never before. I think induction,
possibly in any form, can disrupt this plan, interrupting the baby's
process of positioning and getting ready to be born. As Carla Hartley
says, "Birth is safe, interference is risky."

— Jan Tritten, mother of Midwifery Today
magazine

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)