Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Opinions...(ot)

Posted by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:39 PM
  • 3 Replies

Do you think it's harder to make friends when your a stay at home mom with small children?

Dh was in the military so we moved around a little and I've lost contact with all but one of my gf's from high school... and she lives 5 hours away. It seems impossible at times to make friends... as pathetic as it sounds. I do have like two girlfriends that have no children and aren't married... beside a few acquaintances... and lots of family. A lot of the moms I meet just don't "click" I guess. It would be nice to have a few friends that have children around my sons age. I'm shy so making friends isn't easy for me. Have any of you had to relocate... how did you make friends?  lolembarrassed

PhotobucketMother to a 2year old little boy and soon to be mother of two in May. Happily married to my best friend since 2006. My husband is a military veteran. I love animals and use non-cruelty products. We use cloth diapers, g-diapers and seventh generation disposables. . I choose and delay vaccines due to a family member that has mental retardation from the DTAP. I love CafeMom: Join us in the Pregnancy Group!

by on Dec. 9, 2010 at 11:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
doulala
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 2:01 AM

Yes, more so at first, though.

As my children are in elementary school now, I have made many friends of other mamas.  

Since your child is so young know that this will change in time...   He will need to get out and you'll take him to play with friends, so you'll have some social time with moms, too.

It's nice to find other moms that are like-minded.    If you find a local group for your interests you could join and connect with those ladies~

Megan.Aber
by on Dec. 10, 2010 at 2:37 AM
We're army so I understand. Before we had DS I had a job and met ppl that way. Im pretty outgoing since your husband works why don't you guys invite another couple over for a game night and dinner to get to know ppl. That's how we do it. Hubby gets a new soldier or we get invited somewhere and there's over couples. I'm a Sahm but we've been here for a while now and a lot of ppl we know have children our sons age but everyone is leaving and we r staying so once again new ppl I'll meet. I know it may be weird but look on craigslist to see if they have mommy playdates?
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Dec. 10, 2010 at 10:10 AM

Yes and no.  Children are a good commonality to have with other moms, and it is always easy to relate on the topic of being a mom (for example look at how many moms are on cafemom bonding).  However, those who don't have children, sometimes have a hard time understanding how tough teething and other stages that childreng go through.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)