Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Are Top Ramen noodles fine to eat during pregnancy?

Posted by on Dec. 19, 2010 at 7:20 PM
  • 24 Replies

I really want to eat them but my friend is saying its bad for me during pregnancy because of MSG and also the salt content is high and will cause swelling.

What do you think ?

by on Dec. 19, 2010 at 7:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyto3bees
by on Dec. 19, 2010 at 7:21 PM

of course they are.. i try but theres never any flavor all i taste is the water or there to dry without the water so ahh i dunno when  iwas a kid i used to eat them alot and the water tasted like the flavor and the noodles but i cant make them that way i dunno why

bxbsmommy
by on Dec. 19, 2010 at 7:21 PM

I eat them.

monichella71787
by on Dec. 19, 2010 at 7:23 PM

I've eaten them on occasion. Just drink a lot of water to make up for all the salt. Now I want some! lol. I love the chicken flavored ones. 

married-in-06
I ate thru ALL my pregnancies. Im nursing EBF and eating them now. They are fine
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1_Teen_Mom
Salt makes u retain water but MSG is just a food additive.

U will be -fine- go eat u some ramen!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jersey_86
by on Dec. 19, 2010 at 7:24 PM
I dont eat them bc of my blood pressure... there is a lot of salt and not very healthy anyway... maybe if u eat it once in a blue moon u will be fine but i woukdnt make it an everyday thing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Daeraelle
by on Dec. 19, 2010 at 7:27 PM
I eat maruchan ramen. But I don't think they have msg in them. They do have a lot of sodium, but sodium is part of a normal diet. Actually, I looked at the sodium content of a burger from mcdonalds a couple of weeks ago, and it was higher than my ramen. You're going to swell, no matter what. Most of what helps that though is drinking plenty of water and propping your feet up if they are swelling. Nearly any packaged or restaurant food is packed with sodium.
egurl85
by on Dec. 19, 2010 at 7:29 PM
That is about the only thong my doc told me not to eat!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kandiface
by on Dec. 19, 2010 at 7:31 PM
I love them! I've only eaten them once during my pregnancy, tho, because of the sodium.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lilimarlene
by on Dec. 19, 2010 at 7:31 PM

Its junk its bad for you when your not prego and when you are. But so are burgers and ice cream I say its ok in moderation :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)