Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is 5 weeks too early for morning sickness?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2011 at 12:14 PM
  • 16 Replies

Hi mommy's and mom's to be, this is my first pregnancy and I'm 24 years old.  This week should be my 5th week, and this morning was the first morning that I noticed my stomach was very upset.  I didn't throw up, but I came very close and ended up sleeping most of the afternoon. 

Is this normal?  I thought morning sickness didn't occur until 9-13 weeks, am I ok?

by on Jan. 31, 2011 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Jan. 31, 2011 at 12:15 PM

Yep totally normal...with one my pregnancies, I was sick with the "flu" for almost two weeks before I tested.  Congrats on your pregnancy! 

Tamaralynn30
by on Jan. 31, 2011 at 12:16 PM
Nope. Normal. I had m/s practically from conception. It didn't get stronger until around week 4 though.

Every pregnancy is different. With my DD I thought I just had the flu and didn't find out I was actually pregnNt until I was 10 weeks along.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sofia0587
Mine started at 7 weeks but I'm sure it can start early all pregnancies are different and you can't really go by what you read. I was feeling exhausted like at 3 weeks but I didn't find out til 6 weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mharleyghal

no. usually that's one of the first symptoms following a missed period. stay hydrated and eat what you can. congrats!

VLY
by on Jan. 31, 2011 at 12:20 PM

I started ms about the day after conception!... so yep it is possible :)

Rakkoma
by on Jan. 31, 2011 at 12:23 PM

Oh my gosh I didn't expect to get so many responces so quickly!  Thank you all so much!  I'm really excited about this, my first doctor's appt. is Feb 10th and I just can't wait.  Has any tried Sea bands?  Someone had recomended them but told me they had used them for motion sickness.

Aranna
by on Jan. 31, 2011 at 12:25 PM

its normal and can creap up on you when ever.  Your best friend will be saltines, in the morning befor you get up munch on a few, keep some with you (or at least something to munch on) as morningsickness (all time sickness) is worse when your tummy is empty.

Chasity.Sifford
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2011 at 12:39 PM

Yep (:

jridgill
by on Jan. 31, 2011 at 12:41 PM
All normal. Hope you feel better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
munkiebaby
by on Jan. 31, 2011 at 12:44 PM

lol yes its normal this time around thats when it hit me. but with my first it was a week after conception.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured