Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need help w/ a medicine ? ladies!

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:10 AM
  • 9 Replies

Can u give Motrin and Benedryl together/within a few hrs of eachother? I gave my 6 1/2 mt old DD motrin 2 hrs ago to help w/ her temp. and earache, but benedryl is only thing that helps her severely runny nose, and coughing but can they be given together?!

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
shellie830
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:20 AM

They should be fine to do that Benadryl desn't have motrin in it... If you can make it to the 3 and a half hour mark that would be safest.

BBPbyHolli
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:22 AM
Yes. What dose did your pedi tell you to give her?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ediswife
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:26 AM

thanks ladies....they told me 3.5 ml   shes 6 1/2 mths and 16 lbs 6 oz

ediswife
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:27 AM

i was gonna give her less though...like 2.5 ml

doulala
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:27 AM

Not sure~~

But I am wondering, how high was her fever?
Are you nursing?
Maybe she is having other stuff going on...  ?

ediswife
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:31 AM

her fever was 102  its down to 101.4 and still coming down thank goodness! im not nursing...i cant b/c of meds i have to be on :-(   She has a bad cold...cough, watery eyes, stuffy and runny nose, and i think her ears are hurting her....calling pedi 1st thing in morning

doulala
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:32 AM

Quoting ediswife:

her fever was 102  its down to 101.4 and still coming down thank goodness! im not nursing...i cant b/c of meds i have to be on :-(   She has a bad cold...cough, watery eyes, stuffy and runny nose, and i think her ears are hurting her....calling pedi 1st thing in morning

Might be a cold or allergies or teething.    Or a combo...

Hope she feels better asap!

BBPbyHolli
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:35 AM
You didn't already talk to the pedi about giving the Benedryl? (Which will only help if it is an issue caused by allergies. Btw.)

Quoting ediswife:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ediswife
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:50 AM

yes i talked to the pedi! But that was b4 i had to give her motrin so i wasnt sure about the mixture!  I like to triple check everything! Im takin her tom. b/c of her temp as a precaution and also b/c i think she has a ear infection! shes so sweet though...shes miserable but shes such a good baby she has barely cried and she cant sleep! poor thing! thanks mamas!

Quoting BBPbyHolli:

You didn't already talk to the pedi about giving the Benedryl? (Which will only help if it is an issue caused by allergies. Btw.)

Quoting ediswife:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)