Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

thyroid

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:19 AM
  • 5 Replies
Did anybody have abnormal thyroid levels? I've never heard of it, but apparently it's kinda a big deal when you're pregnant. Anyone?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ediswife
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:25 AM

did u have them be abnormal b4 pregnancy?  My mom has problems w/ an overactive thyroid....but she didnt when she was prego w/ either me or my sister. http://www.babycenter.com/404_i-have-a-thyroid-problem-do-i-need-to-know-anything-special_7080.bc   i did find that site for u w/ some info! Dont get worried mama...im guessing ur doctor is working w/ u on this! Congrats also!!!!

ae86mommy
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:27 AM
Thanks. Mine is normal normally, but my mom.s is abnormal. I guess it happens really rarely in pregnancy. I'm gonna look at that though, thank you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ediswife
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:29 AM

yeah if ur moms is abnormal than they say the kids should always be tested throughout ur lifetime....also it look several yrs and the same test many times to finally show up in my mom....the doctors say thats how thyroid often does when tested

ae86mommy
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:33 AM

Thank you, looking at that makes me feel better :)  For now it just means another blood draw lol, it's always something :)

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:12 AM

I dont, but here is a bump. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)