Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those who have had Mirena IUD...

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:40 AM
  • 26 Replies

Please tell me your experience with it. Thank you!

Photobucket

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PEEKA21
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:44 AM

I looooovvveeeddd it. Hubby said i had mood swings but I dont think so lol. My periods became lighter after a few months. The only thing is when i got it inserted i did cramp after but nothing major. I was told to get it inserted when u have ur period so its easier. I dont want to know what it feels like if i didnt. My friend said it hurt like hell (didnt go on her period). I am thinking about getting it done after this baby.

PEEKA21
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:47 AM

Also let me add. That with this post u will get the good and the bad of course the bad will b extra dramatic like omg I almost died it got caught in my lungs and blah blah blah. lol. Every bc has its good and bads I have tried the pill, the shot, the patch, the ring and the iud worked for me. 

DessC
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:47 AM

I got mirena after my last pregnancy. It did not hurt going in at all. But I spotted for the first 5 months I had it everyday. after a year I stopped having periods all together. Then at almost 2 years of having it I thought I was pregnant so we went to the dr. by that time I already had an appt a month after that to have it removed so we could try for this baby. Well I was not pregnant but they told me I could get it taken out. I had it out 2 days and started my first af in almost a year. It was so heavy I almost had to go to the er. nothing they gave me would make the bleeding stop. After 10 days it finally stopped. 16 weeks later I still had not had another cycle. I finally had to go on provera to start it and then clomid to actually ovulate. I will never get it again!!

BlkWingedAngel
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:57 AM

I currently have the Mirena. I like it but it does have some bad sides to it. The hormones in it make you feel like you are pregnant all the time, mood swings, cravings, flutters all of it. The "strings" can't seem to get short enough for my fiance and they never softened or folded over like they were supposed to. Though we only feel it sometimes. I had no pain when it went in but I bled for a month and then I stopped and now my periods are irregular and if I am under any stress I spot. Other than that it is doing its job so the rest I can live with. We are not in a position for another baby right now so I need something that is hassle free and this is it. My sil is having some of the same issues with the Paragard(sp.) as well but she has only had it for a month so far. 

I say all you can do is try it and if it isn't working for you then you can have it removed. I am waiting for a while to see if my body ever adjusts then if not I may have mine removed.  I have had it since May of 2010

kenzsmama
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:01 AM
Oh i LOOOooVVVEE mine as well! Havent had any cramping spotting nothing DH likes it and i dont have to remember to take something.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kittiselly28
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:27 AM
I had it and liked it for the most part. I kept it for 2 years and my only major comlaint was my lack of sex drive, plus I could feel it during sex. I did it's job though and it's so much easier than th pill. I also had irregular periods, like I wouldn't get it for a few months and then it would come twice in one month.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Loveing_My_Life
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:31 AM

It was good at 1st. But it started to hurt me so i had to go in and have it taken out, they said it started to go tho the wall lining. When they removed it, it hurt alot worse then putting it in. but it i didnt have any periods and that was the great part lol

elmo6885
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:33 AM
Hated it!!! I had daily migraines, nausea, constant cramping, and I never stopped bleeding. I only had it in for a month and half and I felt the effects for 2 months after it was removed. If you are considering it, do your research!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melmel83
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:37 AM

I loved it while I had it in.  I really never had a period just a little spotting at that time each month.  The only thing I hated was when I had it removed it was like all those missed periods came at once.  It was like having a 14 day very very very heavy cycle and that wasn't much fun.

DeirdraG.
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:40 AM
Hatred it. Love my paragaurd till it failed...lol... The mirena I had awful uncontrollable weight gain..50lbs in less then 2months... Headaches...cranky...i felt awful on it...then I had out removed and it stooped my periods all together...it really messages up my system...i had to go through round s of shots to restart my period...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)