Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

rash&pregnancy..quick?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:46 AM
  • 4 Replies
Im 34 weeks and I was a little sick yesterday with body aches so last night I took tylenol pm. This morning I woke up with rash everywhere. My shoulders, arms, behind knees, and legs. Just about patches everywhere. Does anyone know if its harmful to the baby? Or what I can take?
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:08 AM

Are you running a fever?  Your rash is probably not harmful to your baby, but if you are running a fever, you will want to control it as fast as you can.  I hope the rash goes away soon for your comfort.

miraclebby3
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:14 AM
Thanks. Im not running fever just itches.
tgh46737
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:18 AM

Skin irritations are not all that uncommon during pregnancy but you want to watch out for Cholestatis which is a complication of pregnancy that has to do with the gallbladder and liver functioning and can have a side effect of itching but usually on hands and feet mostly but can be anywhere, this can be harmful to you and baby.  Like I said though some itching and rashes are totally normal during pregnancy, you can safely take benadryl too during pregnancy, I would just keep an eye on it and if it persist call your doctor!

miraclebby3
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:24 AM
Thanks. I was kinda worried but I'll keep watching it. I gave benydrl itch cream I put on the bumps instead of pills. It stopped the itch so im hoping that relieves It
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)