Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need help mamas.

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:56 AM
  • 12 Replies

Poll

Question: do i find out the sex of the baby...see message

Options:

YES, find out

NO, keep it a surprise

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 24

View Results

dh says its up to me, but i cant convince myself one way or another...so i need some reasoning. I figured since you guys are in the same boat as i am it will be easier.I know ive posted before but my sono is monday. I dont know if i should just find out or not

I have all of the baby stuff to get the baby though a few months, meaning boy and girl clothes
but with this pregnancy its been so i dont know, not a huge deal to me. I have 3 kids already so this is the  4th. I would think it would be fun to make it a suprise and it can get people active and excited to hear what the baby is, but in all the same, if its a girl i want to make the headbands and dresses to match my other 2, and if its a boy, i want to see if my only son will have a playmate so i dont do his room totally in baseball but more boy nutural because they will share a room.

See, im all mixed up. On dh side its the 22baby so having a baby is no big deal but we would be the first(pritty sure) if we dont find out so it could be exciting. Dh is no help hes leanning towards finding out because he cant keep a secrate. ( i thought about just us finding out but it will slip) and how much fun would it be being surprised and this is my only one that ive been like this because ive always had my phone calling people as soon as we step out the door and im afraid if i find out, it will be depressing that i missed my chance to have a wounderful surprise. dh then agreed how much fun it would be to keep it a surprise. SO he doesnt care, he has been asking me what i thought.

HELP MAMAS

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
evansmommy03
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:09 AM

Since it is baby number four and you have what you need regardless of gender I would make it a surprise :)  I would love to have a surprise baby but we are only on our second and had literally nothing, and I am not a fan of gender neutral.  Good luck with what you decide and let us know what you do.

Motherof4_2008
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:11 AM

I did not vote because I am in the same boat as you are! I am currently pregnant with #6 and this will be our last. I thought it would be fun to keep this one a suprise also! The problem that I have is that my husband is very insistant about knowing what he/she is, and he does not know how to keep a secret... LOL!

The closer and closer that I get to the date, the more and more I do not want to know! We shall she what happens!

DessC
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:12 AM

BUMP!

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:15 AM

Good luck with your decision!

Samantha_1629
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:18 AM

I personally could not take the suspense. But if you think you can handle it then I say keep it a surprise.

firstimepreg30
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:19 AM

IDK,  I voted to NOT find out, based simple on this is your fourth and to increase excitement.   We found out because its our first and have nothing for a baby at all.   

chamelinmom
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:32 AM

maybe this will help you too. i am the same,where the closer and closer i get i kind of dont want to know, i just dont have the confidence to say yes or no. If i didnt have all the clothes for the first few months, i would defently find out. dh would rather gender nuteral stuff then pinks and blues.

Quoting Motherof4_2008:

I did not vote because I am in the same boat as you are! I am currently pregnant with #6 and this will be our last. I thought it would be fun to keep this one a suprise also! The problem that I have is that my husband is very insistant about knowing what he/she is, and he does not know how to keep a secret... LOL!

The closer and closer that I get to the date, the more and more I do not want to know! We shall she what happens!

chamelinmom
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:21 PM

bump: anyone else have any other suggestion or opportunity to post what they think

Lapis_Lazuli
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:31 PM

Soooo much fun keeping the gender a surprise (I think!! I did it last time--just my husband knew, so it was a surprise to me!). 

chamelinmom
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:30 PM

thats awesome your dh knew and you didnt and he kept it that way for you. my dh, his got a mouth on him, he is horrable keeping a secrate from anyone. that was one of the things his family told me

Quoting Lapis_Lazuli:

Soooo much fun keeping the gender a surprise (I think!! I did it last time--just my husband knew, so it was a surprise to me!). 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)