Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

'Shave' it for someone who cares...

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:10 AM
  • 2 Replies

From baby-gaga.com

After weeks of obsessively counting down to the arrival of the baby, you have finally reached the third trimester. (At this point, I will assume that you are a first time Mom. Why? If it is your second child, you are doing good to remember that you are, in fact, pregnant. Trust me on this one.)

Now it is time to yell “Woo-hoo! Third trimester!” Once you are finished, look at the calendar and realize that you most likely still have 12 weeks to go. That’s longer than the average new sitcom run. Longer than the time you went out with your first boyfriend.

Now that you’re in the third trimester, you’ll soon realize just how quickly your belly can expand. One of my favorite pastimes during my final trimesters was to ask my husband “Do I look any bigger today?”

That’s like saying “Does this dress make my butt look fat?”Yes, yes you look bigger today! How could you not? You have a baby! In your belly!

It is time to sit down and realize a few things: You are going to get bigger. Just when you thought you couldn’t get any bigger, you will, in fact, get bigger. It happens. You might also get stretch marks (if you haven’t already) in places you could never imagine.

Luckily, there’s a chance that your massive belly will prevent you from fully seeing the stretch marks!

I’ll leave you with this very visual image: Be happy they don’t do the routine “shave” on women about to go into labor anymore. Why? Well, let’s just say that after I had my babies, I was surprised to learn that stretch marks could happen down there, as well.

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
evansmommy03
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:12 AM

love this!

DessC
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:13 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)