Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tight vs. saggy balls (OT)

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:22 AM
  • 15 Replies

We took Gavin to his 3 year check-up and the doctor seem really concerned that he had tight balls. She said that we should go home and give him a bath and see if they are saggy in the bath. I don't understand what she is so worried about? Does anybody know what this means??? Thank you.

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mem82
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:29 AM

She may be worried they haven't descended or that for some reason they have retracted.

MommyRJ
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:21 AM
No idea
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamapudge
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:24 AM

I've NEVER heard this before! I'm so glad to see you're asking about your son...I was worried this was going to be a VERY nasty poll about people's SO's at first lol.

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:26 AM

Weird.

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:28 AM

Quoting mem82:

She may be worried they haven't descended or that for some reason they have retracted.

It would be very noticeable if they weren't descended or if one or both retracted.

Photobucket
bcbmami
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:30 AM

I've never heard of that...here's a bump!

DessC
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:34 AM

BUMP!

housefullofkidz
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:47 AM

BUMP!

Sonylena
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:51 AM

Bump

Motherof4_2008
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:15 PM

That is not totally true! I now 6 yr old went to his yearly check up 2 yrs ago, and his doctor was concerned also. We went to see a Urologist and he said that one of his balls had indeed not dropped!

I never noticed a difference in his ball sac from the time he was born til he was 4 yrs old, so I was completely thrown off when he told me that one side had not dropped yet. If they do not drop they can be sterile or if it take them longer than normal to drop then your son can also become sterile because they can actually over heat and kill the sperm.

She told you to do the bath, because alot of times  kids tense up when they go to the doctor and will cause their scrotom to tighten up also. When they are in the bath tub, he will be relaxed and will just let everything hang! If it is still tight after taking a bath, then his balls have not fully desended and you will have to go see a Uroligist! Hope this helps!

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7:

It would be very noticeable if they weren't descended or if one or both retracted.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)