Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone taking 17 alpha hydroxy progesterone shots?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:34 AM
  • 10 Replies

My first DD was born at 36 weeks, and I'm looking into receiving weekly shots.  Has anyone in this group done this before?

BabyFruit Ticker

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DessC
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:35 AM

BUMP!

weezer_cookie
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:36 AM

Thanks!

apoe
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:04 PM

my oldest was born at 27 and i got progesterone supps everyday form 20 weeks till 34 weeks. i really didnt notice that they helped to much. i started to dialte at 24 weeks. preterm labor 4 times starting at 24 weeks. i do know that in the last couple of days march of dimes has posted some thing on it

weezer_cookie
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:28 PM

So you didn't think it helped that much?  I read that it can reduce the chance of preterm labor up to 55%. 

DisneyMom929
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:29 PM

I had started with my daughter at 16 weeks and got the shot ever week till I was 36 weeks.  My son was born at 32 weeks that is why they had me on the shots.  They wernt horrible, the shot didnt feel good cause it is such a thick soultion but she was born at 38 weeks so well worth it!!!!  I think the worst part for me was going once a week to get the shot.  I also found that the injection site itched a bit after.  If you have any other questions please feel free to ask away :)

weezer_cookie
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:36 PM

Did your insurance cover it?  My DH says he doesn't want to give me the shots, he is very sqeamish (he almost passed out when my DD was born LOL)

Did they charge you extra to have a nurse do it at the office?

DisneyMom929
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 12:40 PM

I had to pay for the soultion $100 for a bottle and I had to buy 2 of them.  But yes I they did charge me for every visit to get the shot.  Im not sure what the total cost is going to be she will be 3 weeks on friday.  I think my cost per shot after ins. is like $15

apoe
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:05 PM

most insuranes reguires a preapproval. i think that if you got it done at your regular appt then they would cover it. in my experince i dont feel like they helped. my dr told me the only thing that kept him in till 38 weeks was that i was on strict bedrest from 24 weeks on. i couldnt even take care of my older son my in laws took care of him

jridgill
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:05 PM

I have not. BUMP 

weezer_cookie
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:38 PM
Thanks for your input ladies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)