Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Im afraid to lay down

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:21 PM
  • 7 Replies

I know how weird this sounds but i went to the doctor monday and our little guy was breech and he told me to go home and lay down alot to relax the uterus and see if he flips and to come back in thursday if he didnt we would have to talk c section

well he flipped!!! it happened yesterday i tried the cold trick and i noticed like 20 minutes later he had turned and i am so relieved and happy but now im worried if i lay down he might flip again i slept horribly last night i kept not wanting to lay down and i havent been able to relax today

How common is it for them to flip so much this late? i was due monday

i feel like im bein nuts but not enough that im willing to relax lol

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mem82
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:22 PM

I don't know much about it but good luck!

chamelinmom
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:23 PM

keep thinking of him downwards. some mamas ive heard if they consontrate they can get their babies to flip right. Just relax mama, ive heard of a flashlight to attract the head where you want it too. there are different ways to get the baby back down if you need to

abra
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:27 PM

how far along are you?

Turtledoves
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:28 PM

Not sure if laying down is good or not for it, but glad to hear the cold trick worked for you!

justawaitin
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:28 PM

Quoting abra:

how far along are you?

I was due 2 days ago

saadamarie
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:33 PM
They usually don't flip back when your that far they are very convertible in the correct position
babydmama
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:19 PM

Maybe you could work on getting him to engage (get down in the pelvis).  Maybe check out www.spinningbabies.com .

Yay that he flipped!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)