Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those who have had the copper IUD

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:36 PM
  • 6 Replies

what was your experience with it?

I've tried the Depo (hated!) and the pills (too annoying), I'm not too keen on trying the ring or anything else hormonal for that matter but after this one we will not be financialy in a position to be having another baby.

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
sunmoonandstar
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 1:43 PM

I didn't like it but I liked it more than other options that my body doesn't get along with.  I had cramping every month, I never really had cramps before so maybe they were normal and I wasn't used to it so I can't say it was BAD cramping.  My periods were also weird, the first day or two I'd bleed A LOT, like soak through a large tampon in 20 minutes.  After about 16 months mine just randomly came out.

As much as I hated it I'm getting another after this baby.  All the unfortunate side effects may or may not happen again, there's no guarantee and plus it's better than having another baby soon!

MultiPara
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:03 PM

I got pregnant using it,

SophieLee
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:05 PM
Not a fan... It caused massive cramping ect... I ended up with it out after 2 years
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
missylou90
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:08 PM

I got mine 5 months ago and love it. no problems at all

NoR_CaL_MoMmY
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:36 PM
Hated it! My periods were irregular and when I'd finally have one I'd bleed A LOT. And I had horrible cramps which I'd never had before. I also had a ton of random spotting. Ugh I hated that thing!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sekzymexi
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:37 PM

bump because im thinking about getting it..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)