Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Will you allow people to be waiting in the waiting room while you are in labor?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:17 PM
  • 22 Replies

Will you allow people to be waiting in the waiting room while you are in labor?

Or, do you prefer they wait at home?

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyOK
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:19 PM

No....probably not.....If anything I only want my DH  with me and my in-laws will most likely take care of the boys....and I won't be telling anyone else until the baby is born

EthansMomma129
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:25 PM

They can wait in the waiting room. My sons grandfather will be with him in the waiting room so that as soon as the babies are all cleaned up and im "back to normal" he can come in before anyone else to see his brothers. :-)

doulala
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:25 PM

No--   neither, really.

I haven't called anyone when I was in labor.
I am sensitive and if I think they are thinking of me it would be distracting.

;- /

Honeybun09
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:26 PM

Wait at home!

JOIN ME IN THE BABIES GROUP!

rocker_mommy_08
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:26 PM

they can wait at home. and I told DH I dont want anyone called for the first half hr until DS gets to see the baby. aside from DH, me, and my mom no one holds that baby before DS

clasater
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:55 PM

i usually invite friends and family in to the room when im in labor to help distract me and plus my mom and sister are experienced and very supportive where as dh isnt really very good at seeing me in pain and he kind of freezes up and doesnt do anything. lol but when it comes down to pushing time i kick everyone out but dh and they are welcome to wait in the waiting room then or go home, but ill let them all know when they can come in and see baby after we've had our time with the baby and this time after big brother and sister have gotten to meet their little sister. Thats been our compromise with everyone since they all wanted to attend the actual birth and i absolutely refuse to let them do that. my mil takes pics during labor and after baby is born and my mom and sis are there for support. so it works out well for us.

Turtledoves
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:08 PM

I'd prefer waiting at home. They can wait in the waiting room if they want, but they won't be coming into my room until I'm perfectly ready for them!

Sonylena
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:09 PM

Yes I'm one of those the more the merrier people! I had 7 people in there when I delivered and it was great. Then the waiting room was full! I don't know if it will be the same this time but I'm open.

momof3ttc
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:13 PM

Yes, I usually have a waiting room full of people, Friends and Family.  and since Im haveing a planned c section everyone will have plenty of notcie to take off work :) I love haveing lots of visitors!!!

JazzysWifey
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:14 PM
They can wait at home. There's no need for any pressure!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)