Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thats my spot!

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:44 PM
  • 13 Replies
Do pregnant ladies deserve a special parking space? Why or why not?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
weberbaby
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:08 PM

Eh, I go back and forth on this issue.  On one hand I want to say yes becuase if the state recognizes pregnancy as a disability and will pay me a stipend while not being able to work then I also feel that I should be able to park in a disabled parking space.  On the other hand, I'm only pregnant for crying out loud! I'm not an invalid.  I'm most certainly capable of walking around.

The Babies R Us by us has "Stork Parking" for expectant mothers.  Nice!

kayla19216
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:12 PM
Um I'm not too sure. Maybe for the mothers who have high risk pregnancies and labor can start easily by the walking. But if it were me, I feel we should walk like any normal day. Walking is excercise and us pregnant woman need it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Honeybun09
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:13 PM

I don't really care.

JOIN ME IN THE BABIES GROUP!

MommyKelleyX3
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:14 PM

I think so.  I wouldnt use them, unless I was near the end & miserable like I usually get...

1_Teen_Mom
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:16 PM
I am in between. Part of me says no. Part of me says yes because for women who are far a long it gets tiring for us to walk a long way and sometimes even painful, just as disabled people
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lapis_Lazuli
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:18 PM

I go back and forth, depending on if I'm pregnant or not ;) 

smile

seraphimsong
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:41 PM

No. I hate being treated like I'm disabled because I'm pregnant. Besides, I choose to get pregnant, I knew I was gonna be lugging around the extra weight!

24Mom2Be
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:46 PM

At my job yes because to get from the employee lot to where i need to clock in I have to walk accross a bridge up some stairs, up a hill and then down a steep hill, visa versa on the way out.

..Lucky..
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:09 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mysticangelgurl
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:09 PM

I dunno to be honest.  Back home in FL there was no place that had special parking for moms to be and I used to always say how nice it would be because toward the end it gets really hard to move around.  Now here in GA there are lots of places that have them and I am thankfully.  Oh course nothing is worse than seeing someone park there that shouldn't....Like the other day a middle aged guy pulled into the last expectant mother's spot and I had to park on the other end of the lot.  But I guess there will always be those that don't care.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)