Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is this bad? (question about something I ate)

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:21 PM
  • 24 Replies

So I was walking around the mall this afternoon and I had a little bit of a weak moment and got a cinnamon sugar pretzel from Auntie Ann's...I know, I know....Even though I know its a really unhealthy choice, after I ate it I remembered that I had heard something about cinnamon and pregnant women and how its not good to eat. I'm 13 wks prego, do u think it's really bad that I ate the pretzel with the cinnamon sugar all over it??? I felt pretty nauseous after I ate it, so I won't be doing it again...I just feel bad cuz I totally forgot about the no cinnamon thing.

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
eeyorerdl
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:23 PM

I never heard about the no cinnamon thing...I LLLOOOVVVEEE cinnamon!

IF that's the case, you should be fine...it was a one time thing!

blondie09
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:23 PM
I've never heard that ever. and i get the cinnamon sugar pretzel every once in a while. i also put cinnamon sugar on my english muffin with butter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ash50
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:24 PM
I think you would have to eat a lot of it, like a WHOLE lot of it for it to do any harm. I eat it quite a bit and I've never had anything happen
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TeamJacob81
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:24 PM
never ever heard about cinnamon! lol. i have been hooked on cinnamon my whole pregnancy and my baby is doing just great.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikolitak
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:25 PM

I have eaten cinnamon numerous times during this pregnancy and everything is fine so far and I am 37 weeks.

Lapis_Lazuli
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:25 PM

Umm...I am pretty sure cinnamon is fine--not positive....but I don't think you are supposed to have big soft pretzels? I don't know--I just seem to remember not being able to eat big pretzels???

MommyKelleyX3
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:25 PM

Ive never heard that.  I am sure you will be fine :)

MommyRJ
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:26 PM
Never heard that one....

Your fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hrivera5
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:27 PM

LOL I took cinnamon supplements my whole pregnancy to help with my GD issues.  It is fine.

melmel83
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:28 PM

I have never heard that before.  I have eaten a lot of toast with cinnamon sugar this pregnancy and have had no problems.  I am 36 weeks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)