Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breast pumps (cost vs. quality)

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:08 PM
  • 9 Replies

Ladies--I am on some what of a budget...really not wanting to spend a lot of money on an electric breast pump (but do not want a super cheap one as well) But not sure what is good compared to priceing! (If that makes sense)

Wanting to know what you ladies think on a breast pump that is good quality yet decently priced! 

Thank you for your help--this is my first child and I really REALLY want to breast feed!! (Wanting the breast pump for travel and when I return to work) 

its a boy

pregnancy

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
JazzysWifey
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:17 PM
Breast pumps are one of the few things where cost is directly related to quality. The cheap ones are not going to work as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Twisted_Halo
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:21 PM

Medela is a pretty good brand of breast pump. Manual pumps are great too, you don't have to worry about the motor burning out in the electric one.  I still have my Ameda Maual Pump and it works well.

shivajnr
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:22 PM
I loved my medela swing pump. It was in between in price but worked great! I EBF for 13 months while working full-time with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEKA21
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:53 PM

I never used a electric pump for me they were uncomfy. I breastfeed partime and used my avent manual pump for 3 of my pregnancys and it worked out perfect for me . I looked online and it is now $40. 

1wildchild
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:53 PM

I love the Medela Harmoney manual pump. I only pump part of the time so the manual didn't bother me and it was still fast, easy to use and easy to clean. It is only $35 at Target and Babies R Us.

blg5484
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:00 PM

see if you qualify for WIC the health unit will give you a really nice double elec. amdea pump if you work or go to school  I love mine

ash50
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:06 PM
Don't get the first years electric! It's horrible!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brittneyk86
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 8:03 PM

You know after this--I think I'm going to do the manual after all!! Because i am only doing it half the time!! This has helped alot...and also made for a cheaper buy! THANK YOU SOOO very much guys!! A little stress has been shaved off! I really appreciate everyones help and honestly!

genemommy09
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:35 PM
If your looking to for something just for occasionally....I got one from walmart that worked great for the 40 I paid for it ...it was just a single (they now offer a double) but Exclusively pumped for 5+ months .....now for exclusively it sucked only having the one instead of a dubble but in your case I think it would probably work great ..... I still have it an my son will be 2 on friday
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)