Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

strech marks?

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:24 PM
  • 9 Replies

Ok I am TOTALLY confused now!!

I heard that coca butter helps preent stretch marks

yes I know if your pront to them you get them.

Now Im being told coca butter only works when mixed with an essential oil??

so like tea tree oil?

babies

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Momy2beAUG.2009
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:28 PM

VITAMIN E OIL IS SUPPOSE TO BE GOOD ITS REALLY THICK THOUGH SO YOUR SUPPOSE TO PUT IT ON RIGHT BEFORE BED WITH A SHIRT YOU DONT CARE GETS RUINED

triciakae
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:45 PM

Stretchmarks are genetic so for most there is no way around getting them, but once you do get them you can lighten them with some creams not sure which ones though.

kmorgan26
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:33 PM

vitamin E lotion. use it a few times a day.  did it with my first and only got them on my thighs and but.  didn't do it so much with my second and got some on my stomach and sides. so with this one i have went back to using everyday hope it helps this time too. i also found some bodywash that has vitamin e in it and using that also this time.

MissLeanna
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:43 PM

im going to try the vitamin e i hear different stories and its all confusing lol

One-n-Counting
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:46 PM

Vit-e oil will lessen the appearance of stretch marks but nothing will "prevent" them from appearing.

LongBeachLiz
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:48 PM

Just a side warning on Vitamin E.  It is absorbed through the skin and since it is fat soluble vitamin it will stay in your body.  It takes a lot to get vitamin poisoning but it can happen...

MissLeanna
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:50 PM

really?? wow!! never heard of that!

Quoting LongBeachLiz:

Just a side warning on Vitamin E.  It is absorbed through the skin and since it is fat soluble vitamin it will stay in your body.  It takes a lot to get vitamin poisoning but it can happen...

babies

Pandapanda
by Amber on Feb. 9, 2011 at 7:56 PM
I tried vit e and essential oils for around four months after my son was born. I tried pure cocoa butter (the kind in a tube from walgreens). They began noticably shrinking and fading after two days of using it 4x daily.

So for me creams and oils are useless. I suggest pure cocoa butter, not the lotion or creme whatever. Get the kind that's a solid stick in a tube. It smells great too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
munkiebaby
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:13 PM

nothing prevents them if ur gona get them u will. but lotion helps lessen the look i am told. my first daughter did a number on my belly. and so far so good with this baby. i have been using aveno 24hr moisturizer

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)