Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby Drop

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:40 PM
  • 7 Replies

I think i missed it with my son bc i was induced at 36 weeks or bc i had gained so much it wasnt noticable.... but at what time does the baby usually drop?  are there anyways to help it along so that i can breath again when sitting?  should i be concerned by a certain time if she hasnt dropped yet?

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
1wildchild
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:42 PM

DD dropped around 37 weeks I think, at least that is when it became noticeable in pictures. She wasn't born until 39 wks 5 days though.

triciakae
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:43 PM

I am 38 weeks and 1 day and this is my second and he still hasnt dropped but they say with the second most women dont drop until the very end even when you are in labor.  With my first I dropped at about 28 weeks.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:18 PM

It all depends...my earliest baby dropped the last...so really your baby can drop last minute too.  I have yet to find anything which helps dropping come along.  I have had a baby drop around 34-36 weeks (around there) and then another around 38 and another just about 40 weeks.

genniems
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:20 PM

I am 36 weeks with my 3rd and he is still as high as can be....the top of my ribcage there is an actual pins and needles feeling from all the pressure.

evansmommy03
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:10 PM

I am 37 weeks and I am pretty sure mine has not dropped yet since breathing is still difficult for me.

jridgill
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:15 PM
I could never tell when that happens.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tiffs2009
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:22 PM

My second did at 29 weeks! My first was like 37 weeks. It all depends

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)