Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Super fast labor!

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:24 PM
  • 12 Replies

So my first I was in labor for 23 hours then came my daughter!!  From first contraction to birth was an hour and 30 mins!!!!! 

My question to you ladies is who has had a fast labor and what did you think about it?  Also do you plan to have more?  And if so how will you make sure you make it to the hospital? 

My daughter was almost born in my car!!  And the pain that I was in I truely thought I was going to die!  NO JOKE!  I would take my 23 hr. labor anyday over that!  but on the plus side of it I didnt even relized I pushed her out I was pushing with such force.  Also she was born at a hospital that I really didnt want to deliver at because they are a bunch of idots!!!  But she is perfectly... well perfect!!! 

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Mommyof6
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:27 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-mrs.mamma-
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:27 PM

my DS was just under 4 hrs. contractions started at midnight and he was born at 3:52am, after about an hour of being in the hospital..
I LOVED how quickly it went..I wanted an all natural drug free labor/delivery, so the quicker the better! lol

when we have another baby...I will definitely be prepared to rush to the hospital! lol

Mrs.Mommyof6
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 9:32 PM
What makes you so sure the next one will be fast? I'm proof that's not always the case:(
But I wish was!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lmullins82
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:01 PM

my first son was born about 12 hours after contractions started. my second, my dd, i had sporatic contractions on christmas and the following morning. once they started coming regularly she was here in about an hour. we were in the hospital all of ten minutes when she was born, they told my SO that if he had been 10 mins slower getting there he would have been delivering her on the side of the highway. she was also born at 24 weeks. now my third, just born Jan 31, i was at the hospital for 1 hour and he was out.

i went all natural for all three children. i would have to say the pain was a bit more intense for the my third than for the other two, although i had all back labor for my first so that really hurt, but i really liked not spending so long in labor at the hospital. The nurses telling me to relax during contractions really annoys me lol

jcsmummy
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:02 PM
My daughter was 7.5 hours. My son was just under 2 hours. I was not mentally prepared for him to come that quickly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jridgill
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:18 PM
My labor was fast. I got to the hospital at 8 cm. I liked it was so quick!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Taylor.gibson74
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:22 PM
mine was super quick at home thinkin im in false labor a week over due started at 10 started gettin really bad held out till 1 or so in the morning get to the hospital dialated to a 6 barely enough time to get an epidural took me 10 min to push had him at 4 i kinda wish i had more time to relax during labor though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
24Mom2Be
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:02 PM

When my mom went into labor with me, she had her first contraction at 330PM called the doctor and said she got off in an hour so maybe she could just come in then.  The doctor said no you should come now, so she gets to the hospital by about 4:30 and gives birt at around 5:52pm

DisneyMom929
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 12:13 PM

BUMP!

Raeann11
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2011 at 1:36 PM

My last was 6 hours long. I want more kids but hubby says no right know. We will see what we decide in 2 to 3 years. I won't have to worry about making it to the hospital. I will have a home birth.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)