Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ot - taxes not being paid out

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:28 PM
  • 23 Replies
Where is my MILs sources getting this information? Granted I havnt watched the news in a few days but even a google search resulted with nothing to back up what she said.

The plan is to use some of th tax return money to move me and the kids where his job is. We are currently apart for that reason... which sucks so bad. Anyway she tells me today that the feds arent paying out the tax returns?? Again I tried a google search and didnt result in anything to back up what she said... and she heard it frm someeone who har from someone type deals....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ISAIAHMOM632007
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:30 PM
We.got ours back.on the 28th, if you itemize I think its delayed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momto1girl3boys
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:31 PM
Maybe she is pulling your leg. Taxes are being refunded to those earning a refund.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CTRedSoxMom
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:31 PM

I haven't heard anything about it... I filed my taxes today and it said I should see my refund in 8-14 business days.

Maybe she is confused because they aren't accepting certain kind of filing until Feb 14th?

cheergurl84
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:36 PM
We already got our taxes back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tiffs2009
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:39 PM

I know the itemized you cannot file till the 17th but we already got ours back.

scurnes
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:01 PM

The only ones that are being delayed at the returns that have certain tax deductions and credits on them.  These include Schedule A (itemized deductions), tuition and fees deduction, and the educator credit.  These three things were Bush tax cuts that were set to expire last year but in December congress decided to continue them.  The IRS had already changed their systems so that these credits were taken out and now they had to reconfigure their systems to accept them.  As of Feb. 14 the IRS will be accepting these returns.  If you have already filed without any of these things then you should get your refund back in 8-15 days with direct deposit and 3-5 weeks with a check being sent to your address

Hrivera5
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:15 PM

We just got ours back

mrs.novoa09
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:18 PM
We filed the 22nd and were told the IRS is behind and therefore we're not gettin our refund til Feb 20th which sucks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SydneysMommy86
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:20 PM

lol she's silly I'm getting mine friday

ericarose
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:21 PM
Mine were supposed to be deposited on feb 15 but I checked today and its been moved up to Friday
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)