Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pelvic pain... really worried.

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:38 PM
  • 5 Replies

I'm 25 weeks pregnant and more than a little freaked out right now.

On Monday, I decided I was tired of waiting for my husband to help me decorate our new house, so I decided to do it myself - it required moving some heavy stuff, and doing a good bit of stretching to reach the spot I wanted to put the nail or screw. I did this for about two hours.  when I was done, I sat down to watch a movie. 

The next time I got up, I was extremely sore in my lower abdomen/pelvic area. It's not like period cramps in the respect that I normally felt my cramps lower than this. It feels kind of like I pulled a muscle, and the muscle was my Uterus. in addition, it gets much worse when I pee, like a full bladder is a pillow that keeps the pressure off, and when I empty it the pillow deflates and a sharp pain hits.

I thought it was just normal, but after I made a bit of a complaint in my status on facebook, someo f my mommy friends flipped out - so i wanted to ask a broader audience - Am I OK? Does this sound like something that can wait, or should I really be freaking out? My husband has work early in the morning and I really don't want to make him take me to the hospital unless it really is necessary.

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
NoR_CaL_MoMmY
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 10:57 PM
Look up Pelvic Girdle Pain. Anytime I am active during the day, like cleaning the house even, I'm in so much pain that if I lay down I can't get back up without excruciating pain. Baby center has a good article.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saadamarie
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:00 PM
I did that with my second pregnancy it was just sore ligaments but if your feeling baby move and your not bleeding you should be okay
shorty2088
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:01 PM

be care at what u do i moved heavy stuff around and i didnt know i was pg at time and i ended up with a miscarrage

mother-fox
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 4:23 PM

Thanks for the reassurance and advice everyone. Panic time is over. I find it easier to work through pain if I know it's nothing serious. Also, yes, the baby is moving strong, and I've had no spotting problems, so All seems well. 

thank you

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Feb. 10, 2011 at 7:02 PM

Happy all is well!  :)  I sometimes over-do it too around the house causing pains then.

Quoting mother-fox:

Thanks for the reassurance and advice everyone. Panic time is over. I find it easier to work through pain if I know it's nothing serious. Also, yes, the baby is moving strong, and I've had no spotting problems, so All seems well. 

thank you

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)