Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Children at babyshowers

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:28 PM
  • 24 Replies

What are your thoughts on this? I personally see no problem with it as I know my cousins and friend would be bringing their kids along so I was going to bring my 4 yr old as well. I figured I would make them a table with crayons and coloring pages on it and things they can do to have some fun as well and my mom seems to think it is a terrible idea to have the kids there but I think it would be rude to ask people not to bring them.

CafeMom Tickers

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kayla19216
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:31 PM
For me, I had to have dd there. It's a way to keep her involved. For her to know she isn't being forgotten about. I think kids should be able to go. It about enjoying the time with friends and family. Ther is nothing to adult about baby showers. Now bridal on the other hand is a differnt story lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaSmith678
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:32 PM

I think you should definately let people bring their kids. Going to things like showers and weddings already costs people money (gifts, gas etc) so I personally think it is rude for people to also expect you to find and pay for a baby sitter. Plus I personally believe these things should be family oriented and that includes kids! :) My baby showers have always included everyone.... husbands, kids, everyone! So much more fun that way!

tymma11
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:36 PM

I think it depends on the situation. I want my little neices at mine becuase I want them involved in the pregnancy and baby. I however do not want my cousins two youngest kids there , which might be a problem since the shower will be at her house. One of the kids is a 3 year old boy that has no filter whatsoever and just runs around hitting people and screaming. He sticks his hands in the food and cake and you literally have to follow him around redirecting his attention all the time. UGH.

I am hoping to put up a gate at the top of the steps and make all the little kids that cant control themselves stay downstairs and play in the playroom. I am trying to convince my little brother to just come over and occupy those kids for us.

NoR_CaL_MoMmY
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:57 PM
I let kids come. Not everyone can leave their kids. I personally hate being away from my kids so I always say kids are welcome.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamigee98
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:59 PM

I think kids should be allowed at baby showers. I had my kids and other people's kids there, never bothered me at all. You will have more 'yes' rsvp's if you let kids attend.

BCE30C
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 12:04 AM

I also believe kids should be allowed.  I do not know anyone who would think otherwise.  Has your mom given any reasons why she feels this way?

anniebobannie
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 12:06 AM
We hired a sitter for my baby shower
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Starleet
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 12:06 AM

lol My mom is um....well usually drama filled. She thinks everything should go her way and if it doesnt then she raises hell about it basically. We fought for a while earlier because of things I bought or wanted for the baby and she doesnt see it my way.

Quoting BCE30C:

I also believe kids should be allowed.  I do not know anyone who would think otherwise.  Has your mom given any reasons why she feels this way?

Bellarose0212
by Member on Feb. 10, 2011 at 12:18 AM

I would not have minded kids at my babyshower AT ALL. I would have liked it. But, I didn't know anyone with kids then.

Before my babyshower I had gone to a "diaper shower" that had a bunch of kids and I loved it.

I went to a babyshower that was no kids allowed. I was bored. A bunch of women talking really politely and lots of long silences. My friend who it was for wouldn't have minded my daughter at all, I am sure, but the lady who threw the shower was very proper.

I think that if it is your babyshower and you don't mind children, the more the merrier! Oh well about what your mom thinks is proper.

When I have another, I will really want my daughter there with me!

babytugz
by on Feb. 10, 2011 at 12:38 AM

i would prefer children not to be at mine as i most of whos comming is family and two of which do not watch there kids and its just unncessary strian on me as im the one useually running after them and am not supposed to and they know it yet they dont care as long as they can sit on their ass and do nothing, as well as my sister is who is holding mine and her kids are mouthy and unrully too i would just like a quiet calm baby shower. but if the parents of these kids could keep them under control i really wouldnt mind having them around. but its embarrising to me for my friends and in laws family to see the way some in my family act. and sorry if that sounds mean. but id rather say no kids then say yes and deal with all the drama.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)