Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would it be wrong of me .....

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:34 PM
  • 18 Replies

to throw myself a baby shower?.....My mom keeps saying that she want to plan in for me but she is SO unreliable that im almost sure it wont happen...SERIOUSLY she was planning my sons birthday party (he turns 2 on friday) and she freaking planed it for the only day during the week that i work and didnt invite anyone so im stepping over her toes since it is my kid and planing something impromptu for tomorrow night.....im so freaking pisted right now because not only that but she is also bailing on babysitting DS tomorrow night because me and DH we're supposed to go out for dinner together to celebrate our 5 year anniversary/valentines day ....ugg im sure most of this is just ramboly but i need to know what others think .......would it be wrong of me to plan my own baby shower? 

BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amylou111
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:38 PM

I say plan your own baby shower!

Nika87
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:41 PM
Nope, not at all, I'm planning mines......that's the only way to make sure it's done right
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Starleet
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:45 PM

Im planning my own and it is for this Saturday. :)

MommyLehr
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:46 PM

i do not think it is wrong at all.

JazzysWifey
Nah just plan your own. You can always throw mom's name on the invite as the host so it doesn't "look" bad
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
genemommy09

ok i think i will ugg i was like seriously who plans their own baby shower lol no offense or anything like that to those of us who are ....i was just like  lol i always thought that your BFF or mom or someone like that was supposed to do it ....my BFF did my first with my DS but i live in CO and she is in UT so she wont even be attending this time let alone planing ............  and i really dont have many close friends here in CO that would plan it for me /.......come yes not plan though

NoR_CaL_MoMmY
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:47 PM
I'm planning my own :) I'll have my friend help with games and stuff but I'm pretty picky so I wanted to do the planning
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
genemommy09
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:47 PM

well i hope its everything you hope/worked for it to be hun ,,,,

Quoting Starleet:

BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Starleet
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:49 PM

Thanks :) I'll be happy if only a few people show up lol Im just wanting to have a little get together as a pick me upper kind of thing to do.

Quoting genemommy09:

well i hope its everything you hope/worked for it to be hun ,,,,

Quoting Starleet:

ash50
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 11:58 PM
Go for it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)