Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My cuddle bug is here! Kind of long with lots of pics.

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:25 AM
  • 17 Replies

On the 20th of january my husband took me in for what we thought was my water and was also having contractions. They knew me by name cause we were there like3 times in the last few weeks.   When we got there, they did the strip test. she said it turned blue/green so she did the test to see if would fern, it didnt so they sent me home. I no longer got in to my apartment and i felt this like gush and i soaked my pants and everything. I didnt want to go back to the hospital and it be nothing again and about this time the contrations had stopped. so we waited it out. that was the only real gush that i felt. Around 10pm when we were getting ready to go to bed the contractions started back up they werent bad, drank water thinking thats what was wrong, drank my water had a small sandwich and layed down they started to get stronger and stronger each contraction. so i decided to wake my hubby up. he said just try to relax and he went back to sleep. they started hurting to the point to where i couldnt walk or talk during them so i knew i had to get him up and get me to the hospital. so at around 1130 i went back woke him up. we got dressed and headed that way, all he was saying is this better be it, this better be it. and half way there he was like this is the real thing, she really looks like she is in pain. we get ready to take the exit to the hospital when i said i really have the urge to push i shouldnt be feeling this yet, i cant be dilated this much cause when we left the hospital, i was only 4cm. well then when we got there, we had to check in. when the nurse came in she was going to do the whole hook me up to the monitor thing but i said i had to push and when she checked me my hubby asked "is she still at a 4?" the nurse looked at him and said no, shes a 9. the look on his face was awesome. but when we got to the hospital it was 1210 they got me hooked up to the monitors and everything else as we were heading to L&D. did a few practice pushes, when the doc walked in i did about 5 pushes and he was here.

Lucas David Payne

he had to go to the nicu shortly after he was born due to inflamed bowles, heavy fast breathing, and was not digesting his food fast enough.

proud daddy

me and my lil man

getting ready to go home. after only a week in nicu

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ash50
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:29 AM
Aww congrats!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmylilbean
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:32 AM

he is precious! glad you guys are home now and doing good. congrats :)

Honeybun09
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:35 AM

Congratulations :)

Due in May? Join us in May 2011 Babies!

creedinsmommy
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:36 AM
CONGRATS
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SrkStrickland
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:39 AM

Aww! How amazing! The story gave me chills :) He's beautiful! Congratulations!!

Nicholasmomm424
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:55 AM
Glad he is doing so well : ) congrats!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
olivejuicebby
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:03 AM

He is precious! Congrats mama!

melly726
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:16 AM
So adorable! Congrats!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barbiedoll137
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:20 AM

Congrats!

mommyto3bees
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:38 AM

AWW CONGRATS glad he can go home

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)