Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Days Til Appt...Getting Scared?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 1:42 PM
  • 4 Replies

I have my first doctor's appointment this Wednesday and I'm actually scared! I'll be 22 weeks 2 days and this is worse than when I went for my first initial appointment with my DD! I had an ultrasound at a women's resource center at 10 weeks and that's the only time I've seen baby at all this pregnancy. I'm scared I guess that since I haven't had any prenatal care up to this point that something could be or is wrong. I know it's probably just my mind running away with itself, but I can't help it! I was so paranoid until I started feeling the baby kick and now that I feel movement all the time I feel better, but like I said - I'm still scared!

I figure I'll get an ultrasound and I'm really, really hoping that we can find out the gender of the baby. I'm also a little scared that since the lady that did my ultrasound was only a student and her teacher wasn't there that day that she could have dated my pregnancy wrong. I wasn't for certain on my LMP, but I was sure it was before the lady said it was, but I was on birth control when I got pregnant and it had me all kinds of messed up. Well...I guess I'll get the answers to all my questions on Wednesday (if I don't drive myself or DH crazy before then - lol)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 1:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Mommynwife26
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 1:45 PM
With my first I didn't get in to a Dr till I was 20 weeks it is very scary to think of everything that could be wrong. I got an ultrasound and found out the gender at the same time. Good luck I am sure everything is fine
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
doulala
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:10 PM

Some women opt to have no prenatal medical care or they do it themselves~   this (was) an option (to keep in mind) but now you have an appointment.

;-)

You can make a list of questions and concerns to ask when you go in.   Jot down the replies if you want.
Will anyone be coming with you?

JazzysWifey
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:30 PM
try not to be too worried andlike doulala said just jot down the questions/concerns you're having so you're prepared
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Turtledoves
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:37 PM

Honestly, I go to the doctors every month and I still get really nervous right before each of them! I think it's normal to be nervous for appointments, no matter what your prior experience was.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)