Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you find it annoying when unannounced visitors arrive at your house?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:58 PM
  • 11 Replies

Would you prefer they call at least 15 mins before arriving? How do you feel about it?

"With modern, hectic lifestyles not everyone appreciates receiving unexpected guests who can inconveniently hinder progress on work and chores. It can be embarrassing when your home is untidy or if you're caught relaxing in your comfortable, but shapeless and shabby, old jogging bottoms. Miss Manners, from the MSN lifestyle website says it goes against etiquette to turn up unannounced, which dates back to the introduction of telephones and the decline in the employment of butlers. Telephones enabled visitors to call in advance, which was even more important when there was no butler to tell the visitor, with authority, that his employers were not at home."

Read more: How to Keep People From Showing Up at My House Unannounced | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_7392191_keep-showing-up-house-unannounced.html#ixzz1EWypbW2m

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 2:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyKelleyX3
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:00 PM

Luckily no one does that to me, but yes it would annoy me!

sweetyazfl
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:00 PM

Yes I do find it annoying as hell. Specially having a almost 2 yrs old that when he nap and the baby is napping i will love to go napping as well.

sweetyazfl
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:01 PM

Oh and I need more than 15 minutes. Call me the day before.

ash50
Yes! If someone does it I normally won't answer the door
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Turtledoves

I want way more than 15 minutes! I want at least a two day notice! lol. One, I tend to walk around the house in less clothing than I would if there were people coming over. Two, I like my house looking nice when people come over, and while pregnant it just usually doesn't look very nice at random times. Three, I like looking nice, having a shower and my hair not a mess. Four, I've been really sick in this pregnant, I don't like having to suddenly try and take my head out of the toliet to answer the door and try to avoid them catching a whiff of puke breath! lol

So yes, I find it very annoying when unannounced people come over.

lil_shannie
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:03 PM
yes! especially when my dad has a dog that freaks out over nothing and if shes napping it really makes me mad!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
One-n-Counting
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:03 PM

I like an hours notice! 

KokoJones
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:08 PM

depends on who it is... if it's one of my besties i could care less, they have seen me at my best and worst times and have seen my house in disarray and could give a flying eff.... course it never really gets that bad in here... even when i am sick... cuz i am a neurotic cleaner lol...

JazzysWifey
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:08 PM
ditto

Quoting MommyKelleyX3:

Luckily no one does that to me, but yes it would annoy me!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sgt.youngs.wife
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:09 PM

only person that does that is my dad lol and it doesnt bother me 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)