Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

heartburn advice-- help!!

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:52 PM
  • 9 Replies

okay ladies, I need some serious advice on what to do about heartburn.  I'm seven and a half months and recently it seems to be getting worse.  I don't remember it being this bad with my first child.  Anyways, I can't even drink water and I feel like I'm dying.  No matter what I eat it seems to disagree with me.  I have a doctor's appointment next week and I'm going to ask her, but I was just wondering what you ladies might have taken or tried to calm the pain.

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
SrkStrickland
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:54 PM

I always have TERRIBLE heartburn in pregnancy. Be sure to stay sitting upright after you eat for atleast 30 minutes. Avoid spicy and tomato based foods or anything else that upsets it. I always drank some milk every time I got heartburn, it relieves it quite a bit. And I went through TONS of Pepcid Complete (Tums never worked for me) Good luck hun!!

JazzysWifey
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 3:56 PM
no advice but here's a bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:21 PM

I took Tums and Zantac (but check with your doctor first before taking zantac).  I also avoided acidic foods which would just add to it.  Hope it gets better for you!

funmom05
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 8:07 AM

thanks for the advice, I took Tums and it really seemed to help!

anp0822
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 8:10 AM
I have 2 bottles of tums, one at home & one in my purse at all times.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy588
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 8:23 AM
You can take prilosec OTC it is safe during pregnancy hope this helps and you get some relief soon
DessC
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 8:29 AM

well my Dr. told me if tums was not cutting it that I could try OTC Zantac, Pepcid AC, or Tagmet. If none of these help they would perscribe me something.

mommom7
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 8:32 AM

zantac and drink milk

funmom05
by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 10:03 PM

i have been obsessed with milk with choc. ovaltine.  thanks again for all the advice!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)