Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I cannot believe him!!! vent with swearing UPDATE on page 4

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:22 PM
  • 45 Replies

So last night my FIL started to say something about how he couldn't believe Briar is still on the boob he is 7 months old BTW.  I told my hubby about it and his response is well you are going to start weaning him at like 9 months right?  WHAT!!!!??????  So we get into an argument about it and he tells me that he basically thinks I am making up that he needs BM for the first year at least, and that I am making it up that formula can be dangerous and is so terrible.  Then I try to tell him stuff and he says he wants to know where they got their sample size and yadda yadda for the studies.  I am so damn mad at him I could kick him in the face.  I really am at a loss as to what to say to him, and even what to show him to tell him he is wrong.  He thinks that the more solids he gets the more his body will learn to rely on solids and not breastmilk and that he thinks that nursing for emotional needs will lead to emotional eating and obseity.  I really am at a loss for such a smart well educated man he is being the biggest dumbass I have ever met.  I didn't sleep at all last night and now when I nurse I feel irritated and don't want to do it in front of him.  I just dunno what happened to my supportive intelligent husband.

UPDATE 

Well we had a talk last night and got to the bottom of it and he doesn't have an issue with the Bfing, he just wants some time with our son too.  I think that I am going to consider writing a book about how my c-section with my first completely messed up my family because this is where what happened with him came from.  C-sections can leave more scars that just the ones we can see and affect more than just the mom and baby as I learned last night. 

Join us in the Natural Birth Group!

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ash50
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:24 PM
Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion, hopefully you can come to some sort of compromise! Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DessC
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:26 PM

Quoting ash50:

Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion, hopefully you can come to some sort of compromise! Good luck!

apoe
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:27 PM

my hubby use to say the same thing until the smiliac recall. that changes his mind big time until 2 weeks ago when ds turned 1 and i am still bfing. the other night he said ds didnt needed any longer and i told him ds will decide when he is done. i have my moments when i would like to be done or when my anixity kicks in and i have to put him down for awhile. i hope it gets better for you

JHjelle827
Omfg can I kick him in the face too? J/k. Ahhh go on laleche and Kelly mom maybe if he sees multiple sources saying the same thing he'll realise what an idiot he is. Douala is a great source of info she always posts great stuff. Omg yea your breastfeeding baby is going to comfort nurse his 7 month old self into obesity. The new pediatric recommended age is 2 for breastfeeding.
.Sugaree.
Wow!! Sounds like he is against it for his own reasons since he is refusing to educate himself. Does he trust the AAP or WHO? If so show him their recommendations, if not then he should at least trust you, as a mother, and female HUMAN, to know what your baby needs

I'm sorry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:28 PM
((hugs)) I'm sure something will work out when you guys calm down a bit. Maybe he was just embarrassed in front of his dad? Did you BF your first?
.Sugaree.
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:29 PM
Also take him to the next doctor appointment with you and let him hear from the "professionals"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rocker_mommy_08

his choice. he doesnt have to like what you do with your kids.

doulala

Good thing he isn't Briar's mama then.

:- /

sgt.youngs.wife

Quoting ash50:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)