Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those pregos with HIGH blood pressure?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:24 PM
  • 12 Replies

What kind of medication are you on if any? Is there a safest, most effective one out there? My friend was on Atenolol and her OB said she needed to switch ASAP but he wont call her in a script til tuesday. Can she request a kind? Any recommendations good or bad? 

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SarahFire82
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:25 PM

I take labetelol 100 mg twice a day. Its really helped a lot I no longer have high bp with the meds. No side effects either that I can really tell.

Wright68
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:26 PM

They didn't put me on medication. they only have to if your bottom number goes over 90... mine for the most part stayed at 89... They did see me every 2 weeks thought from 20 weeks pregnant on, and every week as it got closer. Then induced me at 39 weeks.

meam4444
by Emerald Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:36 PM

Not here, but here is a bump for you. 

DessC
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:37 PM

BUMP!

Daeraelle
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:40 PM
I'm on 500mg of methyldopa twice a day. My blood pressure still isn't down to a normal range. It helps with the bedrest part though, because it makes me sleep all the time. I haven't tried any other kind. They are going to induce me at or before 39 weeks if nothing improves.
Daeraelle
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:43 PM
My blood pressure was still 130/90 after being on medication for two weeks. It's better than it was though.
luvkids329
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 5:56 PM
I take methyldopa 3 times a day,its helped a lot too,i use to take atenolol pre pregnancy,but the methyldopa is safe for preganacy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Starleet
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:54 PM

Im on atenolol and I barely had a problem with blood pressure..it was honestly just a few over. I only take one 25 mg pill a day though. They wont change it for me to anything else at all either. Ive tried to get it changed so I could breast feed because you do not want to breast feed while taking it.

daisy44601
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 6:41 AM

i also take labetelol100mg twice a day, it works really well and i have great blood pressures.

angela.bouchard
by on Feb. 21, 2011 at 7:14 AM

i was on labetelol 400 MG 3 times a day LOL

my blood pressure was really bad :/

that was right after i delivered though i'm not on it anymore

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)