Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

for those wh have had a miscarriage..

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:20 PM
  • 14 Replies
So my younger sister who is stationed in Germany was home for christmas and while she was here she has a miscarriage @ 14wk. It was her first pregnancy and very hard on her. We are pretty close and she talked to me about it a lot...

Well in Jan I found out that I was pregnent and it happened right around the same time she lost hers. My question is do you think I should tell her that I am pregnant before we tell anyone else so she has time to process it before everyone on facebook puts it all in her face or should I just tell her when we tell everyone else?

I have never had a miscarriage so I am not sure how she will feel..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:27 PM

I would tell her before you tell the news to everyone else.  Make it special for her.  And, it seems like you two are very close, so I would tell her exactly how you are feeling  too with regards to telling her...be open.  Good luck!  And, I am so sorry for her loss.

JazzysWifey
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:29 PM
well put. tell her exactly your thoughts, that you wanted her to be the first to know, etc.

Quoting meam4444:

I would tell her before you tell the news to everyone else.  Make it special for her.  And, it seems like you two are very close, so I would tell her exactly how you are feeling  too with regards to telling her...be open.  Good luck!  And, I am so sorry for her loss.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:30 PM
I agree. It may not be easy for her but she'll still appreciate your honesty about how much you care for her.
Quoting meam4444:

mom3bc
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:30 PM

I would tell here before You tell everyone else. Let her be 1st to find out. I think it will hurt her more if she found out from others. i had 2m/c and I know how I would feel. BUT don't NOT tell her. 

GL

Ames3611
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:33 PM

I'd tell her before posting it on FB, for sure.  That way she hears it directly from you.  I had a miscarriage before having DD1 and I know that afterward I was pretty jealous whenever I saw a pregnant woman, even if I *didn't* know her.

Ashersmommee
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:34 PM
Exactly this. I'm sure it will be hard on her, but she'll appreciate that you recognized her pain over the subject. Don't worry, she'll be happy for you it'll just take her a little time.

Quoting JazzysWifey:

well put. tell her exactly your thoughts, that you wanted her to be the first to know, etc.

Quoting meam4444:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1wildchild
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:36 PM

Same here.  

Quoting Ames3611:

I'd tell her before posting it on FB, for sure.  That way she hears it directly from you.  I had a miscarriage before having DD1 and I know that afterward I was pretty jealous whenever I saw a pregnant woman, even if I *didn't* know her.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
babydsmommy18
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:36 PM

I agree

Quoting meam4444:

I am A 20 year old pro-life married Mommy to a co-sleeping,Breastfeeding ,huggies wearing Mommys boy named Donovan born 6wks too early a Daddys girl named Serenity born 5wks to early and our newest baby Jagger born 4wks too early and I could not ask for more:) 

mommyof2wa
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 6:38 PM
I am planning on telling her I just wasn't sure if I should tell her first and than wait a few days to tell everyone else so she can have time to process it..I am only 8wk 6d right now and we don't plan on telling anyone untill after our 11wk appt where we got to hear the heartbeat and all that..thanks for all the advice..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)