Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about being dilated...

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:54 PM
  • 7 Replies
Isnt being dialated a fingertip the same as being dialated a CM...Isnt it for every fingertip that fits into ur cervix opening its a CM
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
.Sugaree.
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:55 PM
With that little dilation, I don't think it really matters how specific it is. 1 cm or 1 fingertip means nothing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ash50
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:55 PM

BUMP!

mem82
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:56 PM
I have no real idea, honestly. That wouldn't be very accurate if you're being checked by different people with different sized fingers.
SrkStrickland
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:57 PM

Yes depending on the finger size so it can vary. Like when my male doctor would check me I'd be 'less dilated' then when one of the female nurses did it, because their fingers are smaller. And when you've already had kids you can stay 1 cm all the time. I know I've been 1 cm dilated for 7 years, lol.

Sonylena
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 7:59 PM
I agree a fingertip isn't an actual measurement if everyone doesn't have the same size finger.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JazzysWifey
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:02 PM
i don't think so i think this means you're no longer completely closed but not really anything measurable yet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BiPolarMomto3
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:07 PM
According to my OB i am a fingertip and she said that was 1cm. But i was dialated like that with my last 1 for the last 3 months of my pregnancy..just wondering thanks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)