Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need advice

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:15 PM
  • 19 Replies

Ok so when my husband and I got married, I told my mother in law that I wanted her in the room when we got pregnant and I was in labor... Well my husband and I have been talking and because its his first he wants it just him... how the heck do I tell her I dont want her in the room? Not to mention she has been on my nerves, She moved in with us because she can't afford to live on her own so we are helping her, and she is always talking about my personal buisness, so I am to the point of where I am starting to not like her... so bad :-/!  What do I do?? I dont want her seeing all my buisness and I want it just my hubby and I!

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rach7
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:17 PM

Maybe you should have your husband tell her. He should just tell her how he really feels about it.

Elyssa414
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:17 PM
You don't tell her! She is HIS mom. He needs to talk to her!! I learned that the hard way. My MIL is my husband's problem! Period
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shackelford8610
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:18 PM

Yea my husband said he is going to talk to her and tell her bluntly I DO NOT want you in the room... She has also been talking about how she is gonna take the baby and let me sleep and blah blah blah... I DONT WANT ANYONE taking my baby while I sleep... I wanna do it ALONE with my husband!  Am I wrong?

Rach7
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:20 PM

No way! I would feel the same way as you!

Elyssa414
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:21 PM
No. You are not wrong! YOU are the mom. Sounds like she has some control issues, and you need to Stan up for yourself an set limits!!! We ha that same problem with mine when she watched my son all the time, she thought she should be at Dr's appts and have input on his medical care/decisions... She thought she was a "second mother" to him and even said so a few times. Eventually we had to stop letting her watch him, and just go over to visit now!

Quoting shackelford8610:

Yea my husband said he is going to talk to her and tell her bluntly I DO NOT want you in the room... She has also been talking about how she is gonna take the baby and let me sleep and blah blah blah... I DONT WANT ANYONE taking my baby while I sleep... I wanna do it ALONE with my husband!  Am I wrong?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rach7

Its nice she wants to help but she should offer that. To see if that would be okay with you. If not back off.

.Sugaree.
If you cant tell her straight up, then just call her too late. My MIL got there 15 min after DS was born:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JaimieLynn8
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:22 PM

Just gotta be honest! Let her know as it's getting closer, reality is kicking in and you'd like as few people in there as possible. I'm sure she might be hurt but she needs to understand.
I'd tell her sooner than later so she doesn't get more and more excited as the days go by!

I have to add though that my MIL was there for the birth of our first son, and it was very helpful! I loved having her there for the extra support, so maybe not rule it out completely? But don't let her hang on to false hope.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
shackelford8610
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:23 PM

Thats crazy! I should nip this in the bud now than? lol... I don't want it to get that far... But she has already started with Dinners... This is my house and I cook dinner for my husband but she takes over when I do it... ugh, I have said something about that! So my hubby said he is going to sit her down and tell her how HE feels and he said hes leaving my feelings out of it so that way its not used against me later!  THANKS LADYS!

ttcacutebaby
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:25 PM

Quoting Rach7:

Maybe you should have your husband tell her. He should just tell her how he really feels about it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)