Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not sure if I want to deliver at the hospital we were going to!

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2011 at 5:21 PM
  • 2 Replies

My doctor is with two hospitals one of them is used for more of a high risk with a NICU. But I have been in 2X once for siactic nerve problems and yesterday for contractions both times staff were very rude and acting as I was a burden. Now I just lost my youngest son last year and this time is a very emotional/hard time. I NEVER go in without needing to! I thought yesterday labor started after my amnio and they just wanted to offer pain pills, not why I was there! I have have had 11 kids plus this one I think I would know what contractions are. I told them if you don't think its labor get me off the monitors and let me go home I can suffer at home with way more caring people than in here.

So they let me go home and now I go in the dr. tomorrow to get a new c section date since the amnio came back last night with lung maturity not where it needs to be and they canceled my csection for today!  I am thinking of asking tomorrow at the Dr.'s if he would allow me to deliver at the other hospital which is way more caring staff. I will not tolerate rude staff at a time like this. Just wanted some advice would you do the same if staff mis treated you?

BTW the jock resident was doing a cervix check and went way to far there was no need for that at all. I have had many of them to know. Anyway please pray tomorrow the Dr. will understand and agree to allowing us delivering at the other one. I will update you all tomorrow!

Thank you! 

pregnancy week by week
by on Feb. 22, 2011 at 5:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
meam4444
by Emerald Member on Feb. 22, 2011 at 5:59 PM

I would think your doctor would switch you.  Also, you have every right to ask for new nurses if they are being rude. 

Good luck hun!

moms11angels
by on Feb. 22, 2011 at 6:19 PM

Quoting meam4444:

I would think your doctor would switch you.  Also, you have every right to ask for new nurses if they are being rude. 

Good luck hun!

I hope we will know tomorrow, I will update and thank you! I have actually had 2 kids there and no other problems just  this time. I am not one to take rude people I will tell them off LOL!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)