Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

semen to soften (or ripen) cervix question

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 7:05 AM
  • 9 Replies
I'm 38 weeks and 3 days and we had sex this morning. Do I have to let the semen sit in me for any amount of time or does that not matter. I'm not really in a rush tobhave him, but figured since we had sex might as well see what happens.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 7:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Ohio.SAHMof2
by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 8:07 AM
No you don't have to have it sit in you or anything like that.:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
M.kadester.J
by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 8:33 AM
Just lay in bed for a few extra min :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
adair87
by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 8:36 AM

i dont actually think this works, it hasnt worked yet, and the crap i forget what its called in the semen is very very trace, so it might not effect it at all according to the things i've read on it. but i generally lay in bed a bit afterwards.

llove12
by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 8:53 AM
Ok. I let it sit for abor 5 minutes, then had to pee LOL. We shall see if anything has changed at my appointment today.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sugareemommee
by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 8:54 AM

I don't think it works.  I'm 41 weeks and I've had more sex in the past 3 weeks then in the past 3 months and I'm still 50% and a fingertip.. so who knows :(  BUMP

M.kadester.J
by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 9:04 AM
For everyone saying its not working... its not an inducer or a "get rid of cervix" thing. Your body will naturally do it when its ready... EPO and semen help it to soften but that doesnt mean a few days of sex is going to make a huge change. Some people dont dialate till they are right at labor time, the EPO and semen help it to do so but its not a time thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
truealaskanmom
by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 2:59 PM

For those that say it doesn't work..you don't know that yet.  It helps labor be more progressive by making the cervix softer and better able to respond.  Obviously the longer a large amount in in contact with your cervix the better but it isn't needed to lay with butt in the air for hours lol, I would do 5 mins. 

doulala
by Emerald Member on Feb. 24, 2011 at 4:45 PM

Right~   you would need to be able to clone yourself and add semen to one cervix and not the other to see how it will affect you in this pregnancy...
;-P
Not possible, lol, so you can be aware that the prostaglandins are helpful (as Cervidil) and can boost things a bit.

I wouldn't even bother with trying because you can work on your confidence, faith, trust.   No need to signal any sort of message for intervening.

Just as a woman’s heart knows,

How and when to pump,

Her lungs to inhale,

And her hand to pull back from fire,

So she knows when and how to give birth.

- Virginia Di

ICAN

llove12
by on Feb. 24, 2011 at 5:05 PM
?

Quoting doulala:

Right~   you would need to be able to clone yourself and add semen to one cervix and not the other to see how it will affect you in this pregnancy...
;-P
Not possible, lol, so you can be aware that the prostaglandins are helpful (as Cervidil) and can boost things a bit.

I wouldn't even bother with trying because you can work on your confidence, faith, trust.   No need to signal any sort of message for intervening.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN