Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

?? How Much Soda/Pop Do You Drink A Day??

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2007 at 7:29 AM
  • 10 Replies
Just wondering how much pepsi/mt dew/coke or whatever you drink in a day.  Not coffee, I am only wondering about Soda/Pop.
by on Apr. 20, 2007 at 7:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
scb2007
by on Apr. 20, 2007 at 7:57 AM
as soon as i found out, i cut out all soda, tea, coffee.... anything with caffeine basically, until my last month. at that point i figured "hes already formed, just growing now, and its been that way for awhile" and then about 3 weeks after had him, there was a study on the news about how caffeine is actually not bad for baby.... go figure. oh well, he came out healthy and happy- soon to be 6 mos old.
mommacat
by on Apr. 20, 2007 at 9:44 AM
Personally I only have a soda or two in a week and they are caffeine free. Once I found out I was pregnant I gave up caffeine except what I get in chocolate!! I think they aren't sure if or how much caffeine is good for the baby and it's a simple thing to me to just avoid it. Water is best for you anyway pregnant or not and I started drinking mostly water awhile back to avoid all the extra sugar in tea that I was drinking. I'd rather be safe than sorry!
tjs48192
by on Apr. 20, 2007 at 10:28 AM
I actually work for Coca~Cola so before I found out I was drinkin 4-5 a day. Since I found out I have cut down to 1 a day most days. 2 every so often.
mar0on504
by on Apr. 20, 2007 at 11:52 AM
I don't really like the taste of soda, so it was pretty easy for me to cut it out of my diet. Although on occasion I do crave for the taste of the carbination in coke or pepsi so ill sip on a small amount, usually no more than a half a cup. My favorite things to drink these days are milk and water.
JaeJae
by on Apr. 20, 2007 at 4:47 PM
I've never been a big pop drinker so most of the time i stick with decaf tea or water but every once in a while i want a coke from mcdonalds so i get the happy meal size so that i dont over do it.
sweetmoonflower
by on Apr. 20, 2007 at 4:49 PM
I drink Root Beer or Sprite all day long. my dr wants me to drink ANYTHING. Things like kool-aid, water, juice, all sit on the top of my tummy and slosh around. Not a nice feeling. I can't stand Coke any more. Or anything else that is in the list with it.
Sarahem
by on Apr. 20, 2007 at 7:45 PM
I only drink on average 1-2 rootbeers a week.  I love coke, but I won't drink anything with caffiene while I'm preg.  And watch out for rootbeer, some of them have caffiene! 
jcuddlebunny07
by on Apr. 20, 2007 at 7:52 PM
I only have like one or two every once and a while b/c my mom told me with my 1st one that If u have alot of sweets while ur pregnant ur baby can come out w/ a crater face so I don't drink soda alot, I drink like tea, water, lemonade , milk stuff like that.
sweetmoonflower
by on Apr. 20, 2007 at 8:07 PM
I must have hit it lucky or something because my dr told me she didn't care if I drank soda. And mentioned coke and pepsi and drpepper, It was just kindof like wow, free pass. She doesn't really care if I take my prenatals right now or not. Last visit she did ask, I answered honestly and she said when ever I feel like taking them to do so because it would be good.
Sarahem
by on Apr. 20, 2007 at 11:23 PM

Quoting sweetmoonflower:

I must have hit it lucky or something because my dr told me she didn't care if I drank soda. And mentioned coke and pepsi and drpepper, It was just kindof like wow, free pass. She doesn't really care if I take my prenatals right now or not. Last visit she did ask, I answered honestly and she said when ever I feel like taking them to do so because it would be good.

I would actually consider yourself unlucky, because you doctor doesn't seem to care about the health of your baby.  Caffeine is comparable to nicotine in pregnancy.  Search online under "caffeine, pregnancy, baby".  Too much caffeine can cause miscarriage, learning disabilities, low birth weight, premature labor, I can't remember what else.  And your vitamins have nutrients that you and your baby need, but some of those things if you don't get enough of them, your baby is more likely to have birth defects.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)