Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ladies i have info for you

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:33 AM
  • 9 Replies
Long story but please read inportant info. While I was pregnant I had horrible chest pains that felt like a heart attack and I would go in for it. The doctors looked at me like I was crazy and told me it was indigestion and sent me home. I had a few more episodes and just shook it off. Well after the birth of my son the pain became so intense I ended up in the er. They sent me home with the same stupid look and said its indigestion. Well another er visit later and a woman doc this time, found out I had gallstones and it needed to be taken out asap. End of story nope...weeks after having it removed the pains returned. Er and indigestion. 6 times and 2 ambulance rides later they finally found out I had another gallstone in my liver duct and it was shutting down my liver and causing jaundice. I had another surgery and back to health finally!! Ladies this happens sometimes after pregnancy and don't just write it off as something else I don't want y'all to go through what I did. I almost died because the doctors wouldnt listen to me. Even after stones and gallbladder are removed you can still develope them. That's why im posting this to get info out there that doctors wont tell you. Thanks for reading.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Kisses4Henry
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:35 AM

BUMP!

BabyBoyBlue
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:35 AM
I see gallstones almost on a daily basis. Very common. And polyps of the gallbladder.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ash50
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:36 AM
Thanks for the info! I'll be sure to remember this, what a horrible thing to go through!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angela.bouchard
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:42 AM

BUMP!

CjEmmemommy
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 12:56 AM

Thank you for the info and I am so glad you are feeling better!! Pissed they sent you home that much though, geez

doulala
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:13 AM

Wow, awful, scary!

Sorry to hear this!!

Thanks for sharing~

MumsTheWord571
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:17 AM

I swear, the reason women die of heart attacks more often than men is that they just pass it off as stress or indigestion!!! UGH! I had breathing problems for years while in college. every time I went to the ER, Urgent Care or the doctor they all told me it was "stress" and "panic attacks" I went in and finally a doctor consented to do a chest xray- pulmonary edema!!! I was treated and voila! My breathing problems went away!!

Doctors just don't listen to women!

pregnancy due date

shellie830
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:06 AM

Jeez glad you are doing okay and thanks for the info!

Becky.Mom.of.2
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:29 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)