Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vbac or csection...

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:32 AM
  • 35 Replies

so i am now pregnant with our third child and i have been thinking alot lately. i had a cesction with my first because my water was broken for more than 24hrs, i wouldnt dialte past 2cm and he was showing signs of distress. well my second i wanted to do a vbac but the dr said there is more than a 50% chance that the same thing will happen. so he kinda scared me into another csection. however i noticed my body was doing what it was supposed to and i had the braxton hicks and everything wjereas i didnt get those with my first.  anywhom. now baby #3 is on its way and i REALLY want to try for a VBA2C but this is our last child and im planning on getting fixed after this. so should i just opt for another csection and get it all done at the same time or should i try for a vbac? any opinions?

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doulala
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:38 AM

Was the first labor induced with the distress?
With #2, fifty percent chance that what would happen again?   PROM?

AVOID unnecessary risks for you and your baby~   No need for a cesarean?   Then don't have one!
;-D

But please don't hire another surgeon to help you with this.  
Who you hire for your maternity care may be your biggest risk factor.

Reluctant doctors like to believe that they haven't much influence over
their patients, but that is clearly not the case. Several studies have
found that when doctors genuinely encouraged women to have VBACs, most
of them did, and when they said nothing or acted neutral, most women
didn't. Finally, when obstetricians discouraged VBAC in women who
wanted to try it,none of them did.

Henci Goer, Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth

Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Mar. 2, 2011 at 1:59 AM

I agree with doulala. Having an unsupported doctor makes the chances for success so much harder. I don't see any reason to have major surgery if you don't have to. What if this labor and delivery goes smoothly and perfectly? Wouldn't you hate to miss that opportunity? I think that this is something you really have to think about. Find a doctor who is completely supportive and be sure of your choice. I think if you have doubts it will be a lot harder to be successful. If you go into it 100% sure of yourself, things will go a lot better.

truealaskanmom
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:00 AM

VBACing is safer than another c-section and getting your tubes tied is minimally invasive so no need to have a section just for that

Jerods_Wifey18
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:01 AM
Watever is best for u & baby!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:01 AM
I agree with everyone else. My vbac was great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Becky.Mom.of.2
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:19 AM

Quoting truealaskanmom:

VBACing is safer than another c-section and getting your tubes tied is minimally invasive so no need to have a section just for that

olivejuicebby
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:31 AM

Good luck!

Stinson90
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:37 AM

With my first my doctor was so pushy and scared me into a induction and c-section because he said if I didn't deliver by the weekend then chances were he wouldn't be able to deliver me because he wasn't on duty but I think I could've done it by myself givin the chance. So my husband and I are trying for another one and I'm going to do it the way I want this time and whatever is safe for my baby.

kirstynsmommy07
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:19 AM

The ob I see told me that the hospital they go thru doesn't do vbac. I was heart broken to hear this news. I am still debating if I want to go and have a 2nd opinion on some things along with finding a hospital that does allow vbac. 

PhoneGrease
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:43 AM

VBAC! There is no harm in at least trying labor anyway.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)