Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Will you babyproof your house?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:02 AM
  • 9 Replies

If so when?

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mom_to_kenzie
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:06 AM
Yes!!!! Probably when he starts to become mobile...or shortly before..Kenzie knows what she can and can't get in to, but we'll def be getting a top of the stairs gate soon..
Mrs.Andrews
by Mandy on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:07 AM

Sort of, when the baby starts being mobile. I need to go through my daughters toys and things down really low and make sure there aren't things the baby can choke on right away. But I hope to move soon after the baby is born so the baby proofing will wait. I didn't really need to do much with my daughter, just put locks on cupboards.

tiffs2009
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:18 AM

Yes. Its kinda a must at hoem point. Our youngest is 3 and the house is kinda baby-proof but not entirely. We are hoping to move to a bigger place when baby is 3 months so then I can baby proof easier.

angela.bouchard
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 2:59 AM
Only in the sense that anything that can harm/cause danger to him is out of reach. I will see if it's needed once he is mobile. I took care of my sisters kids until they were 2 and never needed it to be done.
sofia0587
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:35 AM
We are moving into my moms and everything there is breakable so there's really no baby proofing but we've had babies in the house before and none have ever touched or broken anything even my out of control nephews lol. So I'm just gonna have to teach her and be behind her all the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleywagoner
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 3:37 AM
Yes! When he starts to creep/ cruise. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Turtledoves
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:56 PM

When baby starts moving around, yes. There's no reason to while an infant, but whenever baby starts crawling, or rolling around to get from place to place, we'll start baby proofing.

We have cabinets in the kitchen already baby proofed, but I'm worried about them since our dog figured out how to get by them to open them up (we stupidly kept her treats in one of them thinking they'd be safe because they had baby locks on them. Nope! Thankfully we already don't keep anythign dangerous down low, our puppy got us a little prepared for baby already)

mem82
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:57 PM

We are already there. 8)

seraphimsong
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:31 PM

I never had to with my daughter, she listens very well and if I said no, she didn't touch it. I would just keep things I really didn't want her to get up high. We'll see how it goes with this one though!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)