Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trying to get pregnant

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:48 AM
  • 15 Replies

I have a 10month old daughter if I do get pregnant and its a boy in the state of texas are they allowed to share a room???

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
daydreamer86
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:53 AM
All states require a boy and girl to have separate rooms. It should be okay for the first year though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chamelinmom
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 7:53 AM
if your that worried, call your local social services. We have our boy and girl share a room for now. they are 4 and2. I think it doesnt matter until puberty if they share a room.
Stinson90
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:03 AM

Ok thats all I needed to know thank you.

paaepae
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:06 AM

you're trying for a boy? I am hoping for a girl! I got pregnant when Dannick was 9mths. If its a girl they will share a room the first few years.

chamelinmom
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:07 AM

i looked all though texas child protective services site and found no evidence of this. dont say things unless you have doccuments to back it up. Now i have seen people say from experence at 10 years old children of opposite sex must be seporated, so please call them to find out your local laws

Quoting daydreamer86:

All states require a boy and girl to have separate rooms. It should be okay for the first year though

daydreamer86
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:21 AM
I've lived in several states when growing up and hud had put us in rooms according to gender. The site may not list it but make a call and ask them to see what the state requires.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stinson90
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:21 AM

Well my daughter will be 10months on the 7th and I just had implanon removed(birth control) and it said I should be able to get pregnant imediately well since my husband and I have been trying I've been having severe cramps and I don't know whats going on and I have no health insurance...

Rach7
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:22 AM

BUMP!

Ohio.SAHMof2
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:23 AM
Agreed. When they are young it's easy to keep them in the same room for a while. Kind of glad right now we have two boys

Quoting daydreamer86:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chamelinmom
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:29 AM

hud will do that..but thats hud vs law. in md there is a law stating parents are allowd to spank as long as you leave no marks or bruses, a friend swated her child in the bum and social worker saw it and was pissed, went up to her, she had the paper on her since i printed it up to show her a week before. The man was pissed he couldnt do anything about it, guess he missed that law..A lot of hud had more standards than laws state. in hud your only allowd to have 2 people per room too, but ive seen where a women who got out of a beating situation with 8 kids had to share a 2 or 3 bedroom apartment under hud. They will go by what their standards are but if they cant they go by the limits of the law

Quoting daydreamer86:

I've lived in several states when growing up and hud had put us in rooms according to gender. The site may not list it but make a call and ask them to see what the state requires.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)