Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When the baby crowns

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:27 AM
  • 59 Replies

So I watched the show one born every minute last night. I was wondering how bad it hurts when the baby crowns. How did you deal with the pain. Did you feel it? This will be my first pregnancy so I was not sure about this. First time I really heard it. The nurse on the show said even if you have pain meds you will still feel it.

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ohio.SAHMof2
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:28 AM
I never had vaginal birth so I don't know. Good luck to you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamajeh
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:29 AM

It burns, and you will feel intense stretching, but the end result is sooo worth it! :)

lisakansas
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:30 AM

It's really not the worst part, not by a long shot.  With the first one, I was so relieved to get to that point that I barely registered it as pain, it was so much less than the pain of contractions.  With my second one, my epidural had been allowed to wear partially off so I could push and I didn't feel the baby crowning as pain at all, just pressure. 

mommysducklings
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:31 AM

Hurts like hell, but in that moment your adreniline level is so high you don't care.  Even my youngest ds who was born with both arms above his head (talk about pain!) without the epidural, It really hurt, like no other pain I've ever felt in my entire life, but I didn't care.  I was so intent on pushing him out of me the pain was secondary.  Your instincts will take over if you let them.

marriedmomma3
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:31 AM
It's the ring of fire! But its a sign that you are almost done!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
olivejuicebby
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:32 AM
Quoting Ohio.SAHMof2:

I never had vaginal birth so I don't know. Good luck to you

Photobucket

Kisses4Henry
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:35 AM

Yea, by the time the baby was crowning I was beyond caring.  I had been though 29 hours of labor.  The whole delivering part is so much less painful than labor, I didn't even barely notice it even though I tore decently bad.  I was exhausted and just BEYOND!  I think you can get too wrapped up in the excitement of the moment too.

chamelinmom
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:43 AM

ive heard of people who dont force push like they tell you to and do what your body wants durring that time, there are people that dose not feel this at all. i never felt it and my 2nd i had nothing because the epidural was a pump one and i didnt know that so i felt all the pushing and delivering. but i did feel him stich me up, he had to do local shots for that. I didnt feel it even with full meds

Zoeysmom09
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:44 AM

I had meds and didnt feel it.

mommytwins83
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 8:50 AM

wtih my first one everythibng went so fast and everything wasnt that bad just more like uncomfy..but with all the rest i could tell with the epi that it was time - got alot of pressure all the sudden and urge to push.. my last one the nurse wasnt sure if doc would make it to the room in time..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)